Sump Clearance Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still No photos of NEWER sumps, WHY???
Same reason as below
I’m not releasing any details until I have IP protection in place, or have at least vetted that out.
There is a process that must be followed, you can't just shortcut it without wasting your chance to have IP protection.

Additionally, I haven't finalized the pricing structure. Part of this is because about 5-6 weeks ago, the manufacturer of the acrylic that I use (and just about every other decent manufacturer used and has been using for the last 30 years) pulled the plug on their factory completely out of the blue. So now I have to switch material and re-establish a supply chain, along with everyone else who is in the same boat. It's a total mess right now.

Bottom line is that I'm not ready to release that design.

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same reason as below

There is a process that must be followed, you can't just shortcut it without wasting your chance to have IP protection.

Additionally, I haven't finalized the pricing structure. Part of this is because about 5-6 weeks ago, the manufacturer of the acrylic that I use (and just about every other decent manufacturer used and has been using for the last 30 years) pulled the plug on their factory completely out of the blue. So now I have to switch material and re-establish a supply chain, along with everyone else who is in the same boat. It's a total mess right now.

Okee dokie

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okee dokie
Believe me, I want to release it ASAP! It’s just been a rough ride this year already

Imagine if I had released it based on my previous acrylic pricing & availability, and then that whole pricing model got trashed…that would have been a hot mess.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same reason as below

Who shut down? I have been using Plexiglas G and am still able to get it. It is another brand that you are using?

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who shut down? I have been using Plexiglas G and am still able to get it. It is another brand that you are using?
Trinseo, the company that bought Arkema/Altuglas at the end of 2021, shut down the 2 factories in Mexico that made Plex-G and PMACS. So whoever your supplier is, they can’t get more. Everyone is shifting to Chemcast because there is not much else vetted well enough for aquarium use. I know major reputable tank manufacturers that have made this shift.

Trinseo still makes G in Italy but it won’t be available again in the US until the end of this year, and at who knows what cost

Plaskolite/Optix bought the 2 plants in MX and will be spinning them back up late this year. But I have yet to get an answer from them on whether or not they will be producing the exact same material, and if they will be making the PMACS type product or just the “G” type product. Plaskolite does not make cell cast currently so this is a new line for them

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trinseo, the company that bought Arkema/Altuglas at the end of 2021, shut down the 2 factories in Mexico that made Plex-G and PMACS. So whoever your supplier is, they can’t get more. Everyone is shifting to Chemcast because there is not much else vetted well enough for aquarium use. I know major reputable tank manufacturers that have made this shift.

Trinseo still makes G in Italy but it won’t be available again in the US until the end of this year, and at who knows what cost

Plaskolite/Optix bought the 2 plants in MX and will be spinning them back up late this year. But I have yet to get an answer from them on whether or not they will be producing the exact same material, and if they will be making the PMACS type product or just the “G” type product. Plaskolite does not make cell cast currently so this is a new line for them
Yea, that is what I saw after look at some press releases last night. I guess I am just running through their old stock. I have used Chemcast in the past and it is my 2nd choice next to the Arkema stuff, the masking is decent and the sheets seam pretty well. I don't make large tanks, so I doubt I will have any issues. Thanks for your insight, I need to plan ahead.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated prices effective immediately, you can buy from SaltwaterAquarium (if you want to use rewareds/point) or directly from me.

Local pickup (In Des Moines, Iowa) must buy directly from me

SpeeDee shipping on 25S and 35S cheaper (only available in their delivery area)

Southwest Airlines Air Cargo available for all sizes for next-day and same-day delivery (you pick it up at the airport). Shipping is about the same for the 25S and 35S but is reduced for the 50S and 55S.

Buy from SWA and use rewards/points/etc:

Buy directly from me and I make more money, but honestly I do not care either way at this point because either way, I'm taking a frickin bath on these.

25S, Rev B - $236 / $171 Local Pickup

35S, Rev B - $279 / $198 Local Pickup

50S, Rev A - $306/ $210 Local Pickup

50S, Rev B - $335/ $238 Local Pickup

55S, Rev B - $438/ $256 Local Pickup

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back