Cyano or Bubble algae? identification

Jamie-Newton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got what i originally believe was red bubble algae but i have seen some other info suggesting that it could just be cyano with bubbles trapped in it. I took it of the sand about a week ago during my water change but it has come back this afternoon, Any help identifying it would be appreciated!
IMG_2785.jpg
IMG_2786.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg

you will also see i am having a big algae problem with other algae like hair algae

any help with how to get rid of this is appreciated

OP
OP
Jamie-Newton

Jamie-Newton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me it looks like the bubbles are from trapped gas. whereas bubble algae actually encases a gas bubble within its tissue.
Looks like a job for Chemiclean to me…. curious what other say
Thanks for the info, is Chemiclean safe for my coral and fish? if so what website can i get it.

Upvote 0

Addictedreefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean is reef safe. You will need to turn your skimmer off, dose chemiclean I normally go lights out for the 3 days the chemiclean is working. Then when times up you'll want to do a water change. This should help. You may have to repeat the process though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jamie-Newton

Jamie-Newton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean is reef safe. You will need to turn your skimmer off, dose chemiclean I normally go lights out for the 3 days the chemiclean is working. Then when times up you'll want to do a water change. This should help. You may have to repeat the process though.
Ok thanks for the advice should i still feed my fish because they normally do not eat without the lights on?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jamie-Newton

Jamie-Newton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i used the chemiclean and i think. it got rid of the red slime but there is still some more brown stuff in the tank not sure what it is.

Photo on 16-8-21 at 11.49 am.jpg

Upvote 0

Addictedreefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i used the chemiclean and i think. it got rid of the red slime but there is still some more brown stuff in the tank not sure what it is.

Photo on 16-8-21 at 11.49 am.jpg
Still looks like red slime. Try sucking it uo with a turkey baster. Make sure you have good flow across the tank. Watch nutrients.

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back