Cyano or diatoms?

JohnPeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me if they think this is cyano or diatoms or something else on my glass and rocks and crushed Coral. When I wipe it off my glass it returns in one week. I appreciate the help!
20180816_083046.jpg
20180816_083013.jpg

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your water parameters?
Phosphate ?
Nitrate?
Ammonia?
Nitrate?
I think it's pretty safe to say though I don't think it's cyano but if your phosphates are high you can't get some nuisance algae
It's diatoms for sure.
I don't know how long your tank has been established and you're still cycling then it's part of the Uglies. I don't know if you have fish in your system yet or how many fish are in your system. overfeeding can also cause and algae loom. Overfeeding causes ammonia Spike which turns into nitrite which turns in the nitrate and phosphate. We also don't know if your nutrient removal system is did you just use a skimmer or if you haven't refugium carbon dose or if you use bio pellets?

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back