Cyano outbreak "treated" - should I dose ChemiClean again?

SaltWaterTerp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had a cyano outbreak about a week ago and I treated my tank with ChemiClean, waited 48 hours, and did a ~30-40% water change. I think it got most of it out.

When doing the water change, I also tried to scrub the rock a little with a toothbrush, but I still have remnants of either cyano or some other algae (or bacteria). I honestly don't mind the look of it, but I was looking for advice from more experienced reefers to see if I should treat it again, or do something else. My parameters have all been pretty good, including low phosphates.

In other words, looking at the pictures of my rock below, should I be concerned?

Thanks!
IMG_2776.jpg IMG_2777.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very common with chemiclean. It wiped out cyano which was probably out competing whatever algae you see now in consuming nutrients.

How old is your tank?

lejeune981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used chemiclean in the fall when I had a cyano outbreak...i had just vested gha and turf algae when the cyano hit... I dosed chemiclean and it did it's job... a week later.. my entire tank was covered in his and turf again..it took about a month for that to go away afterwards..

Not sure what all the chemiclean killed bacteria wise.. but I don't think I'll be using it again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back