Cyano - To many KZ products?

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I do not use the full zeovit system. But I use a lot of blue bottles, possibly to many.

I'm currently dosing at recommend dosage daily (8-9months now):
Amino acids LPS AA
FWS - had FW few months ago will continue for a while
Coral Booster - to help with FW
Coral Vitalizer

Then I added in the coral system (60 days ago) which I saw some major differences in red, pink, green and orange colors in my SPS.

The downside is I went from have a small patch of cyano here and there to 60% of my sand covered in it. About 2-3 months ago. It's also growing in my fuge slowing down my Cheato growth in used to.

So I started cyano clean a week ago. But I think I may be feeding the cyano with some of the other KZ additives.

I was thinking maybe to ditch the coral vitalizer, Aminos acids and LPS AA since the coral system has a AA as bottle 3 I believe. I however did notice the LPS AA improved how expanded the LPS get.

Po4 is .05
No3 10-15

Cyano is probably affecting these readings.

I do not shoot for ULN like the full zeovit system does, no3 needs to come down a bit more for my liking, po4 is good where it's at. Anymore and my LPS suffer. Hard to balance that mixed reef and keep everyone happy.

I didn't have luck with assistance on the KZ forum, figured I'd try here.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,

I do not use the full zeovit system. But I use a lot of blue bottles, possibly to many.

I'm currently dosing at recommend dosage daily (8-9months now):
Amino acids LPS AA
FWS - had FW few months ago will continue for a while
Coral Booster - to help with FW
Coral Vitalizer

Then I added in the coral system (60 days ago) which I saw some major differences in red, pink, green and orange colors in my SPS.

The downside is I went from have a small patch of cyano here and there to 60% of my sand covered in it. About 2-3 months ago. It's also growing in my fuge slowing down my Cheato growth in used to.

So I started cyano clean a week ago. But I think I may be feeding the cyano with some of the other KZ additives.

I was thinking maybe to ditch the coral vitalizer, Aminos acids and LPS AA since the coral system has a AA as bottle 3 I believe. I however did notice the LPS AA improved how expanded the LPS get.

Po4 is .05
No3 10-15

Cyano is probably affecting these readings.

I do not shoot for ULN like the full zeovit system does, no3 needs to come down a bit more for my liking, po4 is good where it's at. Anymore and my LPS suffer. Hard to balance that mixed reef and keep everyone happy.

I didn't have luck with assistance on the KZ forum, figured I'd try here.
Yes- cease use of all KZ and coral fods which is fuel for cyano. So is light

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you said coral system also has aminos, I would stop use of aminos and vitalizer for awhile. I do not use coral systems but the recommended dose is way too much on the aminos and vitilizer unless using the full KZ system.
I dose the AA and Vitalizer at 4 drops 3 times a week for my 210.

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you said coral system also has aminos, I would stop use of aminos and vitalizer for awhile. I do not use coral systems but the recommended dose is way too much on the aminos and vitilizer unless using the full KZ system.
I dose the AA and Vitalizer at 4 drops 3 times a week for my 210.
Thanks yea I think I'll stop the AA, LPS AA and vitalizer and see what happens.

Back