Cycle Advice. 3 Weeks in can I add fritz turbostart?

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely be willing to test your theory with some cheap zoa frags and clownfish. The only thing is hoping someone will take them back after lol as I plan to stock my tank with high-end coral and Orange storm clowns. Just wondering, as you mentioned an uncycled test kills life fast, so maybe 1-2 days? Also I haven't turned my lights on yet, will turning them on for a brief period to test the zoa's or other cheap coral then leaving them off after have any affects?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
change water and can have lights on not a problem. a clown and some zoas is very reasonable start and they would die in two days for sure if that was all dry stuff 2 days in. Can't wait to see. acclimate carefully :)

a few margarita snails/easy test w no fish. they're uber sensitive, probably worse than a fish and might be an even better test for my claims.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So test to see if the cycle is over with margarita snails and zoa? Or just the snails. Also like I said only thing that's stopping me right now is what to do with them if they live. Throwing them away or killing them is something I wouldn't want to do lol.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either combo is fine, they’re all sensitive

agreed swapping them out might be hard to find, u might lose cash buying then giving them back. One of those fancy clowns did fine for Payne but eventually we’ll lose a 70$ clown by acclimation error too so I’m too scared to keep insuring those lol

if it helps any, this mans reef is a total analog to your setup. Look what Ike decided to stock on day one, he he. We’re considering one fish and two zo frags :) prediction = safe!

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your case the wet sand and liferock and three weeks has my buy in, the bottle bac was extra on top confidence

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LN

how about this

one of those fancy clowns is 80-$100 is that about right

Ill do forty bucks on a fish if it keels over and you do sixty cuz we're dealing in quickstart gems vs common animals

the embarrassment of a bad call would far outweigh my forty dollars, Im certain the fancy animal will not perish. some zos certainly wont die and fall off in two days. they may stay closed, Ive got a friend whose new zo frags havent opened for two mos in a perfectly normal reef. they will not die and neither will the ideal fish. do one to start. i just can't cover a hundred on an animal that needs careful acclimation I know you are legit in it for the test though/maybe 50 or so is max. Im determined to show your reef is cycled, and that what bacteria do is trustworthy

and doesnt vary tank to tank, the timeframe of when we can start given these known variables above. to base all my skip cycle work typed + fifty bucks on one single fish as insured loss backing I hope shows I think this is seriously good and predictable science. I have never seen anyone offer to pay for a cycling error though, to me thats a funny approach to it all with a little stinger for accountability. cycling has true consequences in reefing, luck wont work.

Back