Cycle is Done - Tang's First, or Something Else

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Folks,

My cycle has been complete for about 3 weeks now, with all parameters stable. It's time to start stocking the tank, or should I say the QT tank. :) My system will be SPS dominate, and is 220g. I know some tangs can get a bit nasty and territorial in a tank, so figured it makes sense to put them all together at once, but wanted to get some feedback before doing anything. Should I go tangs first, or a different fish(s) to start the reef?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Dine

View Badges
Reaction score
I honestly don't have one, other than them being reef friendly. I'd love some advice on what to put in the tank!
That’s a big list...in terms of the order you want to add the shyest/least aggressive fish first. Gives them time to stake claim on their territory and keeps them from getting picked on later.

OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
That’s a big list...in terms of the order you want to add the shyest/least aggressive fish first. Gives them time to stake claim on their territory and keeps them from getting picked on later.
Ok, looking for a peaceful tank, but do love tangs, so will add them last.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
I honestly don't have one, other than them being reef friendly. I'd love some advice on what to put in the tank!
Do all Tangs..... and just add them at once if you think the tank is established enough to handle it, and maybe dose prime as a boost