Cycle question..,

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my opinion the pH cannot be ascertained or adjusted with api gear its too risky, all you do is manage alk and make sure your home is not co2 retentive. only a probed system should be the indicator for pH adjusts imo, its also an option to simply never test for it relying again on alk and co2 factors you can predict in homes based on conditions. for example, as an all electric setup my home is not co2 retentive or abnormally closed up, we open doors and windows lol its an exchange environ, so I don't have to test for pH or even alk since my water changes are so aggressive

on a large tank with less water volume its more reasonable to dose to maintain alk and calcium.

Regarding the nitrates its simply a technique choice to begin addressing them or not, Randy's article shows though that water changing is the most time wasting of nitrate destiny alterations, and that plant or chemical adsorbtion is the faster way.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great info Morangus, I've got Pukani dry rock curing in brute can right now. I've been concerned about their status, my tank hasn't arrived yet. will start the Ammonia testing Monday, again great thread well documented and brandon429 always like seeing your input, read a few of your Peroxide threads:)

Back