0   0   0
Here it is

image.jpg

hotashes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but only two out of all of my corals and they’re usually always out.
Have/has there been any pollutant in the air, such as air freshener, hair spray, perfume etc? If it’s not spawn then something crazy going on here for sure. Maybe you should buy a cheap microscope to check what it might be.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No we do not use any of that around the tank and I’m thinking bacterial bloom but I just don’t know what’s causing it. I did overdose on phyto but that was a week or two back and I haven’t dosed since unless that affects the water for a while?

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just looking for some advice here, I want to sell my bounce mushrooms but have no idea what they are priced at. My sunkist bounce is quarter sized and my neptune is about a little bigger than an eraser head but it also has another smaller neptune bounce on the same frag. Any ideas?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regarding the cloudy water we should stop all extra additions beyond water changes and feed only of 1 or two types, frozen reef feed only. adding brine, pods, all that extra has to stop for us to find the culprit there's several variables going on at once

*before scaling back on reefing in general because of it, scale back on the fish commanding special additions, then get them back over time. remove variables vs hold in place, once you're ready.

We can go back through details on whats being added beyond water, sand, rocks and 1 or 2 types of frozen reef food and that will trace out the clouding. obviously we should remove the snails to assess, then can put back/buy more again if needed.

We dont have problems with nanos and cloudy water using rocks, sand, feed, and water changes for sure. not sure on the bounce mushrooms $ but they're great, wish I could have em but they're worth some $ for sure.

for that one reader: cycle problems dont take till page nineteen to manifest lol, nitrite horror!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regarding the cloudy water we should stop all extra additions beyond water changes and feed only of 1 or two types, frozen reef feed only. adding brine, pods, all that extra has to stop for us to find the culprit there's several variables going on at once

We can go back through details on whats being added beyond water, sand, rocks and 1 or 2 types of frozen reef food and that will trace out the clouding. obviously we should remove the snails to assess, then can put back/buy more again if needed.

We dont have problems with nanos and cloudy water using rocks, sand, feed, and water changes for sure. not sure on the bounce mushrooms $ but they're great, wish I could have em but they're worth some $ for sure.
I was thinking exactly that. I stopped all feeding or dosing of anything except my frozen spirulina brine or regular hikari brine. I have not added anymore copepods or baby brine for feeding. If my new nano tank finished its cycle soon i can just put the snails in there for now. I will be measuring ammonia consumption as we did with my biocube and once its done i will do a water change and remove the snails. I checked on my chaeto yesterday and it looks healthy,no die out. I dont even have algea on the glass anymore. Do snails really breed this often or is my tank just a breeding hole lol. Ive been changing the filter floos more often also, siphon sand and siphon rock materials.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure, Ive never seen snails cause it even once lol if HotAshes hadn't mentioned I wouldn't have caught that part. For sure those two feeds are not implicated in clouding at all, nice retroscale then can slowly build it right back. do another nice big water change, now that something's amassed, the price is 32 gallons of work.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure, Ive never seen snails cause it even once lol if HotAshes hadn't mentioned I wouldn't have caught that part. For sure those two feeds are not implicated in clouding at all, nice retroscale then can slowly build it right back. do another nice big water change, now that something's amassed, the price is 32 gallons of work.
Definetely planning another big water change. Another thing I have noticed is that it went away for a bit and then came back, my tank was very clear, no missing inverts or fish either. Hopefully the new pump helps some also getting more volume of water circulating. And it has not affected any of my corals or fish, everyone is thriving.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see if new pump raised overall temps
Have been checking this, so far since installing it has stayed withing range usually 78.6-79.3. The only time it rises above this fluctuation is if my water change water is a bit hotter than the tank due to Florida's great weather of course lol

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea what this is, will be doing water change this weekend but I noticed this string like algea growing on my Duncan frags and also on the back wall of my Biocube.

4F08B5F8-4796-4C33-9C86-8594B2799400.jpeg BE96F879-1A83-44BF-B6BF-552274F16E77.jpeg

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Did a big water change and the tank is looking much clearer. It seems maybe it is green hair algea but i have none growing on my rocks at all, only on my duncan frags and two astrea snails? I made sure to siphon the sand and baste the rocks. Everyone is still healthy and eating like pigs. If it is green hair is there a reason it hasnt spread beyond what I mentioned it is growing on?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back