Cycling and Live Rock Questions

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping someone can help me answer my questions. This is for a 25G nano tank. I have made a dry rock aquascape from marco rock. My plan to cycle the tank was to get bottle bacteria like Dr. Tim's or Fritz dosing ammonia. Originally, I planned on getting live reef rock from KP Aquatics, but I got a bit carried away with my dry rock aquascape and can no longer even fit the 10lb package. Since live reef rock isn't an option anymore and I wanted to increase biodiversity/speed up the cycle, I was planning on getting some live rock from my LFS.

1. When should I put in the live rock from LFS? At the start of the cycle when I put in my bacteria?

2. When should I start my refugium? After the cycle is complete or wait some time after? I am planning on ordering a package from IPSF.

Appreciate any advice/help

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add live rock or bacteria or both, add ammonia, wait till nitrite and ammonia is gone, and then you are done. I like to add a booster bottle of bacteria when the fish enter.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back