Cycling Evo 13.5

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,

Been awhile but starting up a new Evo 13.5 without skimmer, Carribsea Life rock 20lbs and 32oz Fritz Zyme 9 and live sand , removed carbon that camw with it until I actually need it.

Anyway set it up used 90% of the bottle and added 1 block of frozen fish food it has been 1 week now and had a slight spike of nitrites 1ppm once during thos week and now everything is 0 , should i add another block of frozen fish food ?

And what stage do you reckon I am in ? I know 32oz and 20lbs life rock can be overkill but I want it to be safe when I get my fish.

Thank you and look forward to you replies !!! :)

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,

Been awhile but starting up a new Evo 13.5 without skimmer, Carribsea Life rock 20lbs and 32oz Fritz Zyme 9 and live sand , removed carbon that camw with it until I actually need it.

Anyway set it up used 90% of the bottle and added 1 block of frozen fish food it has been 1 week now and had a slight spike of nitrites 1ppm once during thos week and now everything is 0 , should i add another block of frozen fish food ?

And what stage do you reckon I am in ? I know 32oz and 20lbs life rock can be overkill but I want it to be safe when I get my fish.

Thank you and look forward to you replies !!! :)
I think you’re good to go I wouldn’t be super worried especially if you added nutrients, saw the spikes, and now it’s steady. Especially with live rock, live sand etc etc

OP
OP
K

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you PB , I only saw 1ppm Nitrites once the whole week that is all never saw ammonia or nitrates, should i add another cube of frozen fish food ? It has only been cycling a week so thought this is too quick :)

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best but using API
Not used API so no personal experience with, but it seems most cycling question and odd readings API crops up. All I,d say is, test results are important on deciding in taking the right coarse of action.
I am guilty of this myself, I inadvertently contaminated my No3 test powder, subsequently gave me lower No3 than I actually had. Result was overfeeding the tank, turning skimmer off.
Now I'm fighting 50+ No3

Back