CYCLING HELP!!

Hmb1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CYCLING ??

It’s day 15.

Added rock and sand 15 days ago. Added dr. Tim’s 9 days ago.

5 gallon tank. Using live rock, live sand, dr. Tim’s Ammonium, and dr. Tim’s one and only.

Parameters today:
Ammonia - .25 ppm (salifert)
Nitrite - 4 ppm (salifert)
Nitrate - 56 ppm (Hanna)
(Nitrite and ammonia have remained constant nitrate is rising)

Is it doing it’s thing? Lol should I still be adding either products. Will ammonia rise even more? When should I water change? How long should the whole process be when using ammonia and bacteria?

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all good job take a deep breath and relax, all you need to do now is sit back and relax don’t add anything else to the tank just let it do it’s thing I would test it again in about a week or two only when the nitrate has gone through the roof then you do a water change. I would not add any more dr Tim’s just let it go also what kind of tank are you wanting to have? You can’t really have a lot of fish I would add only one or two cardinal fish also you probably don’t want clowns they will be very aggressive towards each other in that small of a tank! If you want a small reef tank with fish and coral combined I would get a 20 gal it’s not as big as you think then you can have all sorts of corals and clowns, fire fish, goobys, blennys, you name it lol

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
referred from this thread:

Read post #35 of that thread. You can see that with a tank full of reef life already, you have fish and corals already plus live rock, your cycle has been done. Regarding the test levels, see the self read from post #35 here

nice skip cycle!

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back