Cycling my First Saltwater Tank

j90ramos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

I used the Algae Barn ULTIMATE AQUARIUM CYCLE KIT to cycle my tank. My tank is the neptunian cube m120, marco dry live rock, and CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Aquariam Sand.
It's been about 2-3 weeks and wanting to see if my tank is done with the cycle and if I can add a starter fish to the tank.

Test level:
ammonia: 0-0.50 ppm hard to tell
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 5.0 ppm

All help is welcome.

thumbnail_IMG_3195.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3196.jpg

Superd513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I used the Algae Barn ULTIMATE AQUARIUM CYCLE KIT to cycle my tank. My tank is the neptunian cube m120, marco dry live rock, and CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Aquariam Sand.
It's been about 2-3 weeks and wanting to see if my tank is done with the cycle and if I can add a starter fish to the tank.

Test level:

All help is welcome.

So I just started a JBJ 28 gal nano.
it’s day 4 and I used Brightwell master bacterium xlp and I put 6 saltwater black mollys in it. I have 30 lbs live rock and 20 lbs live sand. Today my salinity was low 1.022 my ph is 8.2 ammonia.10, nitrite is 0. Nitrate is 10.0 at least I think that’s what is was off the top of my head. I have a long way to go but I’m in no hurry. Good luck with your tank. I will follow you.

Superd513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Test level:

All help is welcome.

I love your aquascape!!!!

Superd513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Test level:

All help is welcome.

Sump is amazing also

OP
OP
j90ramos

j90ramos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just started a JBJ 28 gal nano.
it’s day 4 and I used Brightwell master bacterium xlp and I put 6 saltwater black mollys in it. I have 30 lbs live rock and 20 lbs live sand. Today my salinity was low 1.022 my ph is 8.2 ammonia.10, nitrite is 0. Nitrate is 10.0 at least I think that’s what is was off the top of my head. I have a long way to go but I’m in no hurry. Good luck with your tank. I will follow you.
Appreciate the info. I was going to get some mollys as well or cardinalfish. As well good luck on your tank journey and same slow an steady.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to add fish use a product called “night out ii” it’s a beneficial bacteria starter. Helps cut down the time on cycling your tank and rids it of ammonia and nitrites. You’ll be good to go.

OP
OP
j90ramos

j90ramos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you want to add fish use a product called “night out ii” it’s a beneficial bacteria starter. Helps cut down the time on cycling your tank and rids it of ammonia and nitrites. You’ll be good to go.
Thanks. It seems my ammonia is only concern as of now. Test my nitrites and it’s at 0.

OP
OP
j90ramos

j90ramos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ended up getting it yesterday and so hopefully it works out.

Back