Cycling my tank on day 3 just wanna make sure Everything seems right

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the tank Saturday bio cube 32 with 20 pounds of live rock and 30 pounds fiji pink aragonite. Got it setup and the next day I put in a enough frtiz turbo start 900 for 25 gallons sense that’s how much water went in. was testing my water later that day and forgot all about adding ammonia so Monday I got some from the fish store and added a ml. Ammonia was reading .50 so today I woke up added another ml, ammonia’s reading 1.0-2.0 not really a pro at reading the api colors yet sense it’s my first tank but anyways tested my nitrites and there reading .50-1.0, and nitrates are at 5.0-1.0 currently does these test sound about right? Or does it seem like I’m doing something wrong Maybe reading the test wrong? I’m all about Patience that’s not what I’m worried about, I just wanna everything to go good.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your on the right track. 20lbs of live rock and fritz should have your tank cycled pretty quickly

OP
OP
Doge14

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your on the right track. 20lbs of live rock and fritz should have your tank cycled pretty quickly
Would u recommend me add anymore ammonia or u think it’s good on that from what I’ve said?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it go to 0 or .25 for API test. Then add some so it gets to 1.0. If it goes away in 24 hours your good to go.

Dakippy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 32 as well and with 20 gallons of live rock it will cycle quite fast. Mine cycled in like 5-7 days. I added frozen shrimp from Safeway just to speed up the cycling process (added ammonia) and then added 3 green chromis once it was cycled to prepare for clowns and a gramma.

OP
OP
Doge14

Doge14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 32 as well and with 20 gallons of live rock it will cycle quite fast. Mine cycled in like 5-7 days. I added frozen shrimp from Safeway just to speed up the cycling process (added ammonia) and then added 3 green chromis once it was cycled to prepare for clowns and a gramma.
Did u use any Bactria or no? And also What setup do u have in the media basket if u do have anything other then the filter it came with

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back