Cycling new tank - Nitrite won't go down (week 6.5)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take time to chart out where this tank went: to corals and fish. The cycle was never stalled
Added to page sixteen of thread in post seven, not stalled.

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read link in post 7 to see if nitrite has ever stalled any cycle
It hasn't

All bottle bac sellers who once wrote that rule in order to trick us into buying more bottle bac must now change tune, they were lyi

Attachments

• 20210628_063416.jpg
    20210628_063416.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210628_063425.jpg
    20210628_063425.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210628_063436.jpg
    20210628_063436.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 65

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Written notes can't be used for proofing against sixteen pages of live fish and corals, that's test misreads above commuted onto notes / non seneye data always looks like a stall

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we need to see dead fish from inability to control ammonia, anyone's posted cycle

There isn't one link from anyone on the internet to show one single failed cycle we'll never get a single link example, its the trend

implied consequence but no actual consequence

we need to see a failed cycle: gray water, dead fish, one single link will do

Consider the example link for this actual tank, they went on to add corals anemone and fish. That's how it always goes down. If they were stalled the animals could not live

I promise the issue investigated about nitrite isn't just to ruffle old rules or be mean, if nitrite presence causes a delayed start date then we want to know legitimately, that's why am asking for links- so we can chart outcomes that's all. Every outcome I collect is a good outcome, that's the pattern am relaying

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the tanks update history after claimed stall, full of corals and fish

When bottle bac sellers make the rules, the implied consequences don't line up with anything in reality, we show. I think it's a fair claim considering there's about a hundred work examples we can track out in post #7

*** we barely recently figured out nitrite never matters in marine cycles and for thirty years before, the hobby legit thought it did so there's no harm in following prior rules*

We started smelling some doubt though when all the marine conventions could start on time with 400 entrant ready tanks, no stalls. It was then apparent that sellers didn't have to play by same rules as buyers- forum cyclers are buyer trained to always stall never attain timely start dates

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read link in post 7 to see if nitrite has ever stalled any cycle
It hasn't

All bottle bac sellers who once wrote that rule in order to trick us into buying more bottle bac must now change tune, they were found out and we reported the findings above.

All peers who relay unfounded rules about nitrite stalling must now change tune, or produce a single example of a nitrite stall in a reef tank then I'll change tune and add that single example to our collection

We do not need to own a nitrite test in all of reefing
For what it’s worth, my daughter started a cycle on a new Freshwater tank and the nitrites wouldn’t come down, 3 weeks after cycle start with stability, crushed food for ammonia. (Yes, tested with freshwater master kit,API). Dosed the tank with MB7 and nitrite collapsed in 5 days.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s neat input as I don’t have any patterns logged for freshwater whatsoever. Neat to hear bottle bac cleared it that fast. Randy had mentioned it’s highly toxic in fw, I bet nitrite would have indeed caused a full stall there with consequence were it not for that bac added

we get away with cheating only in sw thats ironic

Back