Cycling quarantine tank

papo20272

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello on Sunday June 6 I started to cycle my first quarantine tank. My aquarium is 29 gallon and I was using Dr Tim one and only bacteria with the ammonia he sell with it. I put the sponge and Bio Balls in the HOB. I also put a bag of extra bio ball in a media bag in the sump. On day two my ammonia red 2 ppm on my Red Sea test kit. Nitrite and nitrate was zero. On day three I didn’t add ammonia like dr. Tim recommend since my ammonia was still 2ppm and no nitrite and nitrate. On day 3,4,5 I added extra one and only. I’m on day 6 and ammonia is still 2 ppm with zero nitrite and nitrate. Does anyone have any idea what to do. I’m new and confused. I was trying to cycle before my display arrives july 1. I have a bright we’ll x port brick that I was saving for my display tank. Should I used that or is there something I should use

OP
OP
P

papo20272

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello on Sunday June 6 I started to cycle my first quarantine tank. My aquarium is 29 gallon and I was using Dr Tim one and only bacteria with the ammonia he sell with it. I put the sponge and Bio Balls in the HOB. I also put a bag of extra bio ball in a media bag in the TANK. On day two my ammonia red 2 ppm on my Red Sea test kit. Nitrite and nitrate was zero. On day three I didn’t add ammonia like dr. Tim recommend since my ammonia was still 2ppm and no nitrite and nitrate. On day 3,4,5 I added extra one and only. I’m on day 6 and ammonia is still 2 ppm with zero nitrite and nitrate. Does anyone have any idea what to do. I’m new and confused. I was trying to cycle before my display arrives july 1. I have a bright we’ll x port brick that I was saving for my display tank. Should I used that or is there something I should use

Upvote 0

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello on Sunday June 6 I started to cycle my first quarantine tank. My aquarium is 29 gallon and I was using Dr Tim one and only bacteria with the ammonia he sell with it. I put the sponge and Bio Balls in the HOB. I also put a bag of extra bio ball in a media bag in the sump. On day two my ammonia red 2 ppm on my Red Sea test kit. Nitrite and nitrate was zero. On day three I didn’t add ammonia like dr. Tim recommend since my ammonia was still 2ppm and no nitrite and nitrate. On day 3,4,5 I added extra one and only. I’m on day 6 and ammonia is still 2 ppm with zero nitrite and nitrate. Does anyone have any idea what to do. I’m new and confused. I was trying to cycle before my display arrives july 1. I have a bright we’ll x port brick that I was saving for my display tank. Should I used that or is there something I should use
Yes, I have an idea. Dr. Tim's One and Only seems to have problems recently with cycling - there are a lot of threads recently reporting no reduction in ammonia concentrations. Which contradicts what was previously found for the product: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bacteria-in-a-bottle-myth-or-fact.403226/post-5264929, but anyways who knows maybe there's recent changes that affects all of the most recent batches.

You can try a different bottled bac product, something that currently still does not seem to have issues - like FritzZyme TurboStart 900 or Bio-Spira, both are great alternatives to Dr. Tim's One and Only.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

papo20272

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have an idea. Dr. Tim's One and Only seems to have problems recently with cycling - there are a lot of threads recently reporting no reduction in ammonia concentrations. Which contradicts what was previously found for the product: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bacteria-in-a-bottle-myth-or-fact.403226/post-5264929, but anyways who knows maybe there's recent changes that affects all of the most recent batches.

You can try a different bottled bac product, something that currently still does not seem to have issues - like FritzZyme TurboStart 900 or Bio-Spira, both are great alternatives to Dr. Tim's One and Only.
Thank will try that

Upvote 0
Back