Cycling question & Dr. Tims One and Only came not refrigerated in mail? is it okay

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Dr.Tims live nitrifying bacteria online and it was sent to me in just a regular box, not cooled with cool packs or anything. Is that okay to use? I have now put it in the fridge but should it have been sent in the mail with a cool pack or something?

I am going to be cycling my tank soon, what are the best steps to take to not end up with high phosphates/ nitrates while cycling with dry rock? do I have to do water changes at a certain time during the cycle? I am trying to watch YouTube videos but im not finding an exact answer yet. I am using a bunch of marine pure blocks, dry rock, and live sand, with dr tims and ammonia drops.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Dr.Tims live nitrifying bacteria online and it was sent to me in just a regular box, not cooled with cool packs or anything. Is that okay to use? I have now put it in the fridge but should it have been sent in the mail with a cool pack or something?

I am going to be cycling my tank soon, what are the best steps to take to not end up with high phosphates/ nitrates while cycling with dry rock? do I have to do water changes at a certain time during the cycle? I am trying to watch YouTube videos but im not finding an exact answer yet. I am using a bunch of marine pure blocks, dry rock, and live sand, with dr tims and ammonia drops.
Theoretically. It does not need to be refrigerated, although refrigeration does extend shelf life.

It's not like other products like Fritz that has to arrive cold and absolutely needs refrigeration.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Throw it in. I think it will be ok.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow Tim's directions and don't worry about a w/c until the 14 day s are up n your test confirms no ammonia and nitrates present. Then w/c and go forward slowly. Every liveing thing put in will change sys. a little until your bio is completely set and strong. As a personal tip once we completed the Dr Tim's we added a bottle of fritz turbo 900. And that has really made a difference. Then start w bugs and a few clean up crew members. Go slow and you won't b disappointed. Good luck n happy reefing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back