Cycling question fritz.

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marine x60.2 55 gallons.

2 weeks ago i addez a whole bottle of fritz turbo start 900 and 2ppm fishless fuel ammonia.

Second day my nitrite was 2ppm+ i was dosing ammonia every few days when my ammonia drops almost to 0.

My nitrite was still at 2ppm+ people told me to stop dosing ammonia and wait for nitrite to catch up.

Nitrite dropped to 0. Ammonia 0. And nitrate 15.

A day after that i added 2ppm ammonia to see if my tank can process 2ppm ammonia in 24 hours.

The status of my tank right now is nitrite still at high 1ppm. And ammonia went to 0 i added another 0.50 ammonia.

What do i do for my next step? Nitrite is taking more than 24 hours to completely go to 0. Do i add ammonia again? Or stop adding ammonia.

My

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marine x60.2 55 gallons.

2 weeks ago i addez a whole bottle of fritz turbo start 900 and 2ppm fishless fuel ammonia.

Second day my nitrite was 2ppm+ i was dosing ammonia every few days when my ammonia drops almost to 0.

My nitrite was still at 2ppm+ people told me to stop dosing ammonia and wait for nitrite to catch up.

Nitrite dropped to 0. Ammonia 0. And nitrate 15.

A day after that i added 2ppm ammonia to see if my tank can process 2ppm ammonia in 24 hours.

The status of my tank right now is nitrite still at high 1ppm. And ammonia went to 0 i added another 0.50 ammonia.

What do i do for my next step? Nitrite is taking more than 24 hours to completely go to 0. Do i add ammonia again? Or stop adding ammonia.

My
Tank is cycled when ~2 ppm ammonia goes to 0 within 24 hours. Measuring nitrITE is irrelevant in a reef tank... What is your nitrATE level?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back