Cycling Question

LenG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm started cycling my 100 gal display with Seachem Stability and a raw shrimp 4 days ago. I don't see any perceptible rise in Ammonia, Nitrite or Nitrate yet. What should I expect to see and when should I see it?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water vol is diluting ammonia from the rot but it does not matter. you have added bottle bac that allows for fish use right now, search out fish in cycling w seachem. if your tank can house fish now, or after waiting 30 days like a cycling chart shows, your ends are the same. Bottle bac are being fed by your shrimp even if you don’t spike ammonia like all reefers tell you is required, it is not or such volumous search returns would say fish in cycling didn’t work.

when I did that search I found eleven years of fish in cycling feedback all five stars / like all bottle bac it seems to be good quality. Instead of tedious detailing and measuring and spiking more ammonia to follow the masses, a nice mid ground is to simply let your mix stew as is, nothing extra added, for twenty days. Change out some water, begin, at twenty days you’ve allowed for the submersion time a cycling chart shows on the left side.

contrary to popular opinion, you will be cycled right now. Proof, a fish lives. Waiting 20 days is simply extra safety time so the web doesn’t revolt on you lol. This concept would seem insane were it not for twenty pages of fish in cycling I just read using your exact bottle bac. The reason we don’t like fish in cycling has nothing to do with failed cycles, cycles cannot stall or fail. It’s due to skipping disease control we use the shrimp. Your test kits do not apply since you added bac that already fully control ammonia. Envision out of all those search returns, yours being the only tank not working. It’s working fine and I’m not surprised if your zero ammonia is total proof it’s working / no free ammonia is what these organisms do.

This advice is polar opposite of what common advice would relay to you, but that advice would be at odds with google/all seeing patterns cycle eye.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LenG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water vol is diluting ammonia from the rot but it does not matter. you have added bottle bac that allows for fish use right now, search out fish in cycling w seachem. if your tank can house fish now, or after waiting 30 days like a cycling chart shows, your ends are the same. Bottle bac are being fed by your shrimp even if you don’t spike ammonia like all reefers tell you is required, it is not or such volumous search returns would say fish in cycling didn’t work.

when I did that search I found eleven years of fish in cycling feedback all five stars / like all bottle bac it seems to be good quality. Instead of tedious detailing and measuring and spiking more ammonia to follow the masses, a nice mid ground is to simply let your mix stew as is, nothing extra added, for twenty days. Change out some water, begin, at twenty days you’ve allowed for the submersion time a cycling chart shows on the left side.

contrary to popular opinion, you will be cycled right now. Proof, a fish lives. Waiting 20 days is simply extra safety time so the web doesn’t revolt on you lol. This concept would seem insane were it not for twenty pages of fish in cycling I just read using your exact bottle bac. The reason we don’t like fish in cycling has nothing to do with failed cycles, cycles cannot stall or fail. It’s due to skipping disease control we use the shrimp. Your test kits do not apply since you added bac that already fully control ammonia. Envision out of all those search returns, yours being the only tank not working. It’s working fine and I’m not surprised if your zero ammonia is total proof it’s working / no free ammonia is what these organisms do.

This advice is polar opposite of what common advice would relay to you, but that advice would be at odds with google/all seeing patterns cycle eye.
Thanks for the thoughts and advice. Seachem does claim that fish can be added immediately, with the provision that you dose their Stability daily for a week. I will likely take your 20 day advice. It makes sense to me that the product is controlling the ammonia from the decomposing shrimp. My tank water has that aged "tank water" aroma, unlike when I filled it with fresh RO/DI salt water a week ago. I think I'm going to toss out the shrimp today. I also have 40# live sand in the tank to help.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a done deal and we didnt discuss param measures, so 2020 lol. Sandbed wet pack bac makes even the bottle bac redundant, wet=bac pretty fun. 20 days time to spread

Post this in 2006, your bacteria are dead they won’t make it, it’s why you can’t measure anything. 14 years for a 180 degree turnabout in microbiology where will we be in fourteen more.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back