Cycling Question

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is nitrite not a form of nitrogen? If you add nitrogen then you'll have Instantly added nitrites. The bottle bac we buy are used for fish systems so they contain what's necessary. And like you stated it's so fast that dosing for 7 days like the Op stated would indicate a clear nitrobacter cycle. I've personally cycled a few tanks when I broke down some other setups I had. Used bottle bac and had a full cycle in 4 days. Not 1 fish loss so yes its that fast. I'm not stating he's fully cycled what I am stating is that his nitrosomonas aren't established which is why he has a safe ammonia level of .05. Then the bottle bac states to add fish slowly So I'm mainly going off the instructions of the bottle and it's clear as day to me where on the other hand your first post on here you were confused. I'm 100% capable to accept if I'm wrong and learn from it but I won't jump on a post unless I have lots of knowledge about it. :)
I don't have the patience to respond to everything wrong with this post... I'm out.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like your more upset about your chromis going on a hunger strike than actually helping the OP. Have a blessed night friend :)
Nice, poke fun at my attempts to help a sick creature.
Definitely out now.

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, poke fun at my attempts to help a sick creature.
Definitely out now.
Really taking the victim route? When all I did was try to help the OP you had to add your 2 cents and sarcasm to my post. You can deny it but I definitely felt the vibrational energy as I'm an empath. You also tried to belittle my post acting like you know more instead of responding with a normal conversation about facts and not the reason I could be wrong. So yeah I finally poked back and honestly that's against my character so it won't happen again. Fish pass. It's the cycle of life. But I do hope he gets better honestly. I came here to r2r to make friends and help however I can not to go back and forth and feel like my knowledge isn't valuable. Maybe an expert will jump on here and tell me I'm wrong. But I've done this many times before and I'm sure the expert would enlighten me on the science and facts behind it instead of laugh. Goodnight this will be my last post :)

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll just leave this here

OP
OP
C

catfan73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres an imagine of the test i just did. is the ammonia 0.25 or 0.5? Im also abit colour blind so not sure if its 5 or 10 nitrate.

D260180E-EAB8-4D5E-B619-1D604C3A29B5.png

Back