Cycling tank Bactria bloom

krystalstarr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m just setting up my new tank 150 gallons with a 30 gallon sump so 180 gallons I guess?
Started cycling January 27. It is dry rock in life sand. Still waiting for my fritz turbo start to come in.
Since day one, there has been a large bacteria, Bloom, I assume from the live sand. First day it was completely white. It has gotten slightly better, but the bacteria bloom has not went away yet. This normal to take to long to become clear?

OP
OP
K

krystalstarr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you put in as an ammonia source? Was the rock previously used?
I am goast feeding the sump right now waiting on bottled ammonia to come in as well as turbo start.
Rocks were used. They are live at one point but have been dried out for a long time

OP
OP
K

krystalstarr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m just setting up my new tank 150 gallons with a 30 gallon sump so 180 gallons I guess?
Started cycling January 27. It is dry rock in life sand. Still waiting for my fritz turbo start to come in.
Since day one, there has been a large bacteria, Bloom, I assume from the live sand. First day it was completely white. It has gotten slightly better, but the bacteria bloom has not went away yet. This normal to take to long to become clear?
Sorry meant. Feb 27 not January!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back