Cycling w/ SEACHEM

Josephrandle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a fish-in cycle using SEACHEM Stability and SEACHEM Prime. I currently have a fire fish, 1 snail and 3 hermit crabs in my 15 gallon tank.

when would it be suggested to stop dosing?

My current parameters are the following

pH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10
Salinity: 1.025
I top off with RODI water whenever I see an inch of my tank lower and I also do a 10%-25% water change every 2 weeks.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finish out the bottle of stability. You don't need prime at this point since it doesn't seem that you have any ammonia or nitrites (albeit it wouldn't hurt).

Upvote 0

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend getting coral with these parameters?
How long has the tank been running and how long has your ammonia and nitrite been at 0?

I would want to see those numbers stable for a few weeks before adding coral.
If SPS I'd work on the water changes too, to get that nitrate down a bit first.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Prime is a water condition and not a continuous addition . When you have ammonia, Prime is not the answer but rather a water change will offer results. While stability is good, you will want to look at Micro Bacter XLM or Bacter 7
I also suspect false readings with the zero reading especially if using ammonia badge or Api test kits.

Upvote 0

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime is a water condition and not a continuous addition . When you have ammonia, Prime is not the answer but rather a water change will offer results. While stability is good, you will want to look at Micro Bacter XLM or Bacter 7
I also suspect false readings with the zero reading especially if using ammonia badge or Api test kits.
Stability is better than mb7 for cycling. 7 and clean make for good maintenance bac but xlm, stability or Dr Tim's are superior choices for the cycle.

Hard to assume false readings without knowing how long the tank has been up or what test kits are being used, no?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Stability is better than mb7 for cycling. 7 and clean make for good maintenance bac but xlm, stability or Dr Tim's are superior choices for the cycle.

Hard to assume false readings without knowing how long the tank has been up or what test kits are being used, no?
Reason I asked ehat test kits are being used and MB7 also dentrifier as the others are . he is doing a FISH-IN cycle and MB7 would be a little less in cultures with livestock present which really should have been accomplished before fish introduction. If tank is cycling, it can be assumed tank is new to fairly new

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Josephrandle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been running and how long has your ammonia and nitrite been at 0?

I would want to see those numbers stable for a few weeks before adding coral.
If SPS I'd work on the water changes too, to get that nitrate down a bit first.
I’ve been using Those chemicals for a while and probably a week has been at 0

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%
Back