cycling

markyc123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys.. i set up a water box cube 20 dec 31st and my ammonia and nitrites are still high.. now getting a little algae in the sand. was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on to what’s going on and why it’s taking this long? or how to get it down to 0. thanks guys

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys.. i set up a water box cube 20 dec 31st and my ammonia and nitrites are still high.. now getting a little algae in the sand. was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on to what’s going on and why it’s taking this long? or how to get it down to 0. thanks guys
Is ammonia on its way down? I play it safe and wait for nitrites to get to zero but plenty folk don’t and I’ve yet to see any issues with that. If ammonia was dosed initially to say 2 ppm, that’s really overkill if your going to stock lightly.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which bottled bacteria did you add? Ammonia should be down by now.

Back