Daltrey's Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't fit my hanna vials. It does fit red sea test kit vials perfectly though

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't fit my hanna vials. It does fit red sea test kit vials perfectly though

Ah okay, I will just use the vial that comes with it to mix my Hanna reagent and then pour it into the hanna vial. I use the Red Sea Pro test kit too but have gotten spoiled using the Hanna checkers.

EDITED: Just tested with my hanna vial and it works fine. The vial is smaller but the pill fits and mixes fine. Here is a picture of it mixing in the smaller hanna vial. For some reason it says 9 volt battery not included but mine came with a new one shrinkwrapped in the box.

20180228_035619.jpg

20180228_035757.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few of the different foods I feed on a weekly basis. I try and feed twice a day with a mix of frozen/pellet foods. Plan on picking up some fresh clams this weekend also.

20180228_135524.jpg

20180228_140038.jpg

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dan Snyder few pages back...but may I ask which company made that sump, looks like a Trigger but in a color I've never seen.

Yes David at triggers built it custom yellow (which the don’t make) 44” and had to resize some of the compartments to fit my 2 L1 pumps, ect.

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed all those frozen, the omega one red and also green seaweed, but mostly the spectrum everyday, have my fish on spectrum for 4/5 years best food made imo!

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went ahead and ordered two Radion XR30W Gen 4's to add to my light canopy. Was going to go with two ap700's but since my vectra m1 and mp40s are controlled by reeflink I just decided to stay with Ecotech equipment for now. Will probably add a third when I have added enough corals to need it.

Last edited:

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see more once you start adding to the tank! I am sure it'll look amazing.

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went ahead and ordered two Radion XR30W Gen 4's to add to my light canopy. Was going to go with two ap700's but since my vectra m1 and mp40s are controlled by reeflink I just decided to stay with Ecotech equipment for now. Will probably add a third when I have added enough corals to need it.
Reeflink for all that is amazing! Ur gonna love the lights :)

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love my radion pros. they are awesome. And if you get an Apex, controllable by that too!

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh nice, so let me ask you how come you decided to go a different route with this set up? Heard the 3g’s Where the best thing till the 4g’s came out? I also have the pro’s, doubt that makes much difference!

themcfreak, hear is much easier to control them threw the reeflink over the apex? I find this apex to be very complicated to program, and feel that the reef link is amazing user friendly, does the apex offer something better?

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had picked up a pair of used gen 3's last year for my 155 bowfront but sold everything on the buy/sell forum to help finance my new reefer build.

After looking at all the nice rimless tanks I knew I wasn't going to be happy until I had one, ha. :)

The only reason I didn't go with the pro's is because I will be running 4 60" t5's along with the gen 4's which should be more than enough par to grow even the highest demand corals. I just like having the t5's fill in any shadowing caused by the puck style led's.

I picked up my last tank used just to make sure I was going to stick with it before investing too much money.

20170830_131709.jpg

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had picked up a pair of used gen 3's last year for my 155 bowfront but sold everything on the buy/sell forum to help finance my new reefer build.

After looking at all the nice rimless tanks I knew I wasn't going to be happy until I had one, ha. :)

The only reason I didn't go with the pro's is because I will be running 4 60" t5's along with the gen 4's which should be more than enough par to grow even the highest demand corals. I just like having the t5's fill in any shadowing caused by the puck style led's.

I picked up my last tank used just to make sure I was going to stick with it before investing too much money.

20170830_131709.jpg

Wow nice bow front set up had one back in high school like that, and said the same thing about rimless ( I want) hahaha. So we did pretty much the same thing, had a used 125g for 4 years successful intill I got to sps, could never grow one, so that’s why I bought the best lighting, and went in huge on the $$$, only kept my fish! A LOT of people run the T-5’s, was wondering if I should do it in the front and back, of my light rack but don’t have much shadowing, have 3 radions they say 4 would be better for our setup? Is that over kill? Not a fan of replacing bulbs!!!!!! Maybe that’s why I never considered?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back