Damsel Aggression with clownfish (with a big white spot which was different from last time)

reefers4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I recently had this issue of a white spot on my clownfish due to the damsel aggression and it went away after a few days .I tried quarantining the damsel but it does not make the aggression less. Anyone knows how to deal with damselfish aggression? Also, my clownfish had a white spot again but it looks rather different this time and I am not so sure if it was the same as last time.
IMG_5107.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try rearranging the rock to create new territories.

A big fat anemone.. if it hosts the clown then the damsel may also think twice before trying to nip.

It’s possible that nothing will help and the damsel goes back to the LFS.

Clownfish are a type of damsel..just fyi. Sometimes another damselfish will take a special dislike for clowns.

OP
OP
R

reefers4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try rearranging the rock to create new territories.

A big fat anemone.. if it hosts the clown then the damsel may also think twice before trying to nip.

It’s possible that nothing will help and the damsel goes back to the LFS.

Clownfish are a type of damsel..just fyi. Sometimes another damselfish will take a special dislike for clowns.
Thank you for the information. I will rearrange the rocks to try to create new territories. The clownfish has been in the anemone too! Thats the reason i got an anemone. Thanks for the info!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back