Damsel and clownfish picky eaters all a sudden

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Davinci clown and 3 striped damsel was the very first ones in my tank,eating everything

now all a sudden my clownfish ONLY prefers fish eggs and my damsel will only eat FLAKES I have ocean nutrition,I tried NLS but they sink and what ever sinks they don’t bother

my clown will get the food and spit out she will bite me as I feed looking for fish eggs,damsel will only come out to eat if there is flakes....what is going on here?? Now I have to feed a meaty food,fish eggs and flakes??

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Davinci clown and 3 striped damsel was the very first ones in my tank,eating everything

now all a sudden my clownfish ONLY prefers fish eggs and my damsel will only eat FLAKES I have ocean nutrition,I tried NLS but they sink and what ever sinks they don’t bother

my clown will get the food and spit out she will bite me as I feed looking for fish eggs,damsel will only come out to eat if there is flakes....what is going on here?? Now I have to feed a meaty food,fish eggs and flakes??

How often are you feeding? What else are/were you feeding?

#reefsquad

OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

#reefsquad

#reefsquad

Im feeding twice a day due to my blenny and fairy wrasse very active and I have a niger trigger,puffer and emperor angel

I feed a variety of food Iswitch it up Hikari angel formula frozen puffer eats frozen krill I have spiruna mysis (I know I spelled it wrong) marine cuisine and squid..I tried rods original formula my fish did not care for it and also LRS not sure why

but they always would eat like pigs now my clown still runs when she sees food but when it’s not to her likening she will go back to her spot until I give In and grab the fish eggs then she will chomp that all up...same with my damsel

OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont feed for 2 or 3 days and watch those picky eaters go wild.

I was thinking the same if I should try it and see what happens...I only got to feed once earlier and got distracted installing my new skimmer and watching it so I’m gonna leave it be for now

But if I don’t feed also my tank gets a little aggressive specially my fairy wrasse and goby gets angry

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. But instead of not feeding for two or three days, you could simply feed only one type of food each day.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back