OP
OP
Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put the Gem tang in but idk how to DL videos! Maybe figure it out later! Here are some shots!
IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG

OP
OP
Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, just saw your whole thread! Anything is possible, good job, and looks amazing! It crossed my mind about 100 times ( I have drilled glass and enough soft stone to be confident), but wasn’t ready to cut silicone on a brand new tank, and take the chance of it leaking down the road as I bought his tank for a lifetime. Didn’t think the pros out weighted the cons. That does concern me with yours, just hope you get a perfect seal and it NEVER leaks, you will be headache free [emoji1360]. Looks clean, I like it, what sump is that? What kind of lights/powerheads/protein skimmer/ or equipment are you gonna run? Want to follow so will post on your side and keep in touch. Good job take your time my plan was over a year and then 3/4 months to build. I had another tank before was a 125g that I had to transfer fish from which set me back lost 13 fish due to marine velvet, Bc I never QT in my life. So learned about QT, and started over best thing I have ever done! GOOD LUCK, and will follow.

OP
OP
Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few more fish in! Have 6 more in QT. Finally got dosers set up! Here are some pics!
0912a0d66e03b226c367cfc5f6d7a997.jpg
9eef9abe93e68a2e65e4bcbcae0e19e9.jpg

Now just have to stock it with some acro’s. :)))

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan,
Very awesome work - congratulations!
It looks like you have an Apex Flow Sensor in the Return Pipe that drops into the 'socks area' of your sump. I'm guessing that this is the main overflow line from the tank. Does the Flow Sensor work pretty consistently here? Do you sometimes have gaps of air in the Return Pipe that affect the accuracy of the Flow Sensor?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup!
I've never scene a yellow/gold plumbing color scheme, and I have say, it looks really nice. Very unique and extremely well thought out.

How are the RFG nozzles working out for you? Looks like you would have plenty of GPH to really take get them working well.

OP
OP
Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan,
Very awesome work - congratulations!
It looks like you have an Apex Flow Sensor in the Return Pipe that drops into the 'socks area' of your sump. I'm guessing that this is the main overflow line from the tank. Does the Flow Sensor work pretty consistently here? Do you sometimes have gaps of air in the Return Pipe that affect the accuracy of the Flow Sensor?

I have 6 flow sensors, yes they are accurate, and pretty much consistent. Here are some pics plus it has a max, min flow and average.

ec9ac1ff413fd87140607e6395de71bd.jpg
901d7b46f58ad144c5e8f203b46dae6f.jpg

OP
OP
Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup!
I've never scene a yellow/gold plumbing color scheme, and I have say, it looks really nice. Very unique and extremely well thought out.

How are the RFG nozzles working out for you? Looks like you would have plenty of GPH to really take get them working well.

Great product you have. Wish it had a little bit more movement for adjustment, but the nozzle is very nice and puts out a awesome flow! [emoji1360]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back