OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the frag tank I bought. Still needs a light, I have two lower end LEDs at the moment that came from a previous fish only system. I’m not sure what light I’ll get yet. Probably a Kessil like the DT, just a smaller one.

IMG_9012.JPG

Zonly1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the frag tank I bought. Still needs a light, I have two lower end LEDs at the moment that came from a previous fish only system. I’m not sure what light I’ll get yet. Probably a Kessil like the DT, just a smaller one.

IMG_9012.JPG
Love that "stand"...ya got me thinking...[emoji4]

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a quick update. Things are going good. Over the last few months I’ve had trouble keeping my nutrients up. I lost a couple corals because of it, naturally they were my favorite (in all honesty they kinda all are). Anyway... I think I’ve got a handle on it for now, corals and fish are healthy and growing. I’ll include a stocking list below with the pics.

I was waiting for the the Neptune trident, but gave in and bought a KHG guardian. I’d like to say it was my bright idea, but @DarthSimon talked me into it. It’s made it easy for me to keep the alk pinned to 9. I’m a fan. There is nothing better than having a constant number available. I’ll probabley move to the trident to get instant calcium and magnesium numbers also, well if the reviews are good anyway.

I found an old original iPad in my office. It only supports iOS 9, but it runs the apex app, so I put it on top of my power cabinet and keep the apex app open. It’s nice to have instant control of tank while on the ladder for maintenance. I can’t count how many times I’ve been up and down that dang ladder. Where’s the pull my hair out emoji? <— this is funny because of my receding hair line!

I picked up a microscope when I thought I had Dinos, I didn’t. I also picked up a gryphon saw. It’s been helpful on getting rocks, frags and colonies exactly as I want them.

I’ve added optical sensors on my skimmate container to automatically shut the skimmer down of full. Also added optical sensors to the main and frag tanks overflow to turn off the pumps if it overflows.

I’ve started rearranging the garage in anticipation of my frag tank coming. I ordered a lowboy from a LFS, and should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I have decided on final placement, but I think I’m going to move my water tanks and put it there. I dunno, I’ll probably just figure it out as I go.

I’m sure I’m missing details. Here’s some pics...

F686F040-BECB-4BE4-B93E-2263FA4BE892.jpeg C87A58B4-596C-43E2-AD37-40F868FABBA4.jpeg A62A10B6-15D4-4D3B-9BE1-6576B12DD1CD.jpeg

B8591BF7-4E09-460E-81AF-E4A2FA2A4DC0.jpeg

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot fish list...

7 blue green chromis (since day one, shouldn’t 6 of them be dead?)
4 blue reef chromis
5 Bartlett’s anthias
5 lyretail anthias
Bangaii cardinal
Bi color blenny
Scissortail goby
Yellow tang
Another goby, can’t remember it’s name
Solar fairy wrasse
Filaments flasher wrasse
2 Cleaner shrimp
Some peppermint shrimp
Hermits & snails

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geat job Dave!!! Keep up the great work. I think your goby is a Rainifords if I'm not mistaken... :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back