Daniel's 75-gallon easy peasy softy tank

renaturalist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Brand new here and have no idea what I'm doing. I'll throw up a FTS of my first (and only) reef tank to learn how to use this forum. Tank is just over 2 years old and super low-tech/low-maintenance with only soft corals and gorgonians. Planning to upgrade to a 100/120-gallon once the fish require more room. Look forward to learning from/with you guys.

IMG_6086.jpeg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Brand new here and have no idea what I'm doing. I'll throw up a FTS of my first (and only) reef tank to learn how to use this forum. Tank is just over 2 years old and super low-tech/low-maintenance with only soft corals and gorgonians. Planning to upgrade to a 100/120-gallon once the fish require more room. Look forward to learning from/with you guys.

IMG_6086.jpeg
Beautiful; you have a lot to share after creating such a scape!

OP
OP
renaturalist

renaturalist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful; you have a lot to share after creating such a scape!
Thanks! Been doin' my thing in isolation for the most part (just some local networking with reefers in my area), so it'll be great to broaden the conversation and get/share some additional feedback.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6086.jpeg
Love the variety of coral in your tank!

OP
OP
renaturalist

renaturalist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little video teaser of the softy tank under "natural daylight" (a cheapo light strip that comes stock with Marineland tanks and mounts just under the front lip of the tank). I normally run full spectrum LEDs for better growth and penetration, but like to turn this strip on during off hours to enjoy the more realistic sepia tones. I also like to stir up the sand bed before shooting on my iPhone to cause the corals to open up...they seem to enjoy feeding on the particulates.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back