Daniel's Office Tank - Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the creativity adding shells and barnacals, the arch - simple clean and artistic.
+1 to this, never actually noticed it but it looks so good! It also looks so much more natural and well thought of :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the creativity adding shells and barnacals, the arch - simple clean and artistic.
+1 to this, never actually noticed it but it looks so good! It also looks so much more natural and well thought of :)
Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the kind words!

For my next update, I've got some good news and some sad news.

First, the sad news...both of my clowns died. One died right before I left on vacation and the other died while I was gone. I'm not sure what happened. They were relatively new, so I suppose it could have been some form of illness, but I didn't see any symptoms. They were both eating, so it surprised me to find they died. My concern is whether or not it could have been the shrimp...that seems unlikely from everything I've read, but possible I'm sure. The tank was well-fed, so it doesn't seem he would've needed to kill, and he didn't eat either of the fish, so again, it seems unlikely. I'm currently leaving the tank fallow for a bit in case it was some parasite that went undiagnosed...

Now...the good news! I got both of my coral orders in! Got a CSB nem and a small bounce mushroom (it's not an OG, but I'm not sure what type it is) from @calikidcorals, and got an awesome order from @REEFTIDE including a plate, multiple really nice rock nems, a couple of favias, and one of the prettiest meat corals I've seen! I need to take pictures in the next couple of days to show off! I'll try to get those posted ASAP!

Aside from the clown deaths, everything in the tank seems to be rocking along well. I got my AWC set up, and it's working like a charm. I'll be headed to the Coral Farmers Market tomorrow in Santa Ana, and I might pick up a few more pieces there as well. I know I want a heliofungia and maybe some zoas...and I'm resisting the urge to get an acro...but I think I might lose that battle to impulse tomorrow...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First, the sad news...both of my clowns died. One died right before I left on vacation and the other died while I was gone. I'm not sure what happened. They were relatively new, so I suppose it could have been some form of illness, but I didn't see any symptoms. They were both eating, so it surprised me to find they died. My concern is whether or not it could have been the shrimp...that seems unlikely from everything I've read, but possible I'm sure. The tank was well-fed, so it doesn't seem he would've needed to kill, and he didn't eat either of the fish, so again, it seems unlikely. I'm currently leaving the tank fallow for a bit in case it was some parasite that went undiagnosed...

Now...the good news! I got both of my coral orders in! Got a CSB nem and a small bounce mushroom (it's not an OG, but I'm not sure what type it is) from @calikidcorals, and got an awesome order from @REEFTIDE including a plate, multiple really nice rock nems, a couple of favias, and one of the prettiest meat corals I've seen! I need to take pictures in the next couple of days to show off! I'll try to get those posted ASAP!

Aside from the clown deaths, everything in the tank seems to be rocking along well. I got my AWC set up, and it's working like a charm. I'll be headed to the Coral Farmers Market tomorrow in Santa Ana, and I might pick up a few more pieces there as well. I know I want a heliofungia and maybe some zoas...and I'm resisting the urge to get an acro...but I think I might lose that battle to impulse tomorrow...
Unfortunate to hear about the clowns… Deaths can be strange and sometimes you’ll find a pattern, other times there’s just no explanation. I’ve lost 2-3 male/female clowns and all of them were in pairs but Atleast 1 of the clowns from each pair wound up dead eventually so it’s strange… Maybe that’s just my luck with black photons though.

As for the corals, I look forward to seeing the plate and nems! Nobody can blame you if you do impulse buy because well, we’ve all been there. I mean, I didn’t expect to go home with a flashing tilefish when I went to my LFS but dang it’s been the coolest fish I’ve ever owned. Some beautiful coral pieces I’ve owned have also been impulse (I know when I got my chilli coral it was an impulse yet it’s thrived through everything).

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unfortunately I have been noticying that, I have changed about a dozen breeders that breed designer clowns and ALL of them have the same problem. They just dont survive long term.
Looks like you lost a pair of frosbites or flurries.
I will send you a pair.

Last edited:

FreshCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Really like the scape you came up with and your stocking plan. It was cool to learn about Eviota lachdeberei and their relationship with Heliofungia. I look forward to seeing that!

Will you plan to add in new clowns after the fallow period?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately I have been noticying that, I have changed about a dozen breeders that breed designer clowns and ALL of them have the same problem. They just dont survive long term.
Looks like you lost a pair of frosbites or flurries.
I will send you a pair.
Thank you so much @Dr. Reef!! That's awesome of you! It is certainly reassuring to read that others are having issues with this. It at least makes me feel it's not necessarily something I should have seen but missed.
Following. Really like the scape you came up with and your stocking plan. It was cool to learn about Eviota lachdeberei and their relationship with Heliofungia. I look forward to seeing that!

Will you plan to add in new clowns after the fallow period?
Thanks! I will be adding in a whole group of fish (not just the clowns) after they are through QT with Dr. Reef. He does a great job of providing super healthy quarantined fish (http://www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com/).

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a package today!! Thanks @Dr. Reef!! More pics coming!!

20220623_111747.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And... We've got our first "disagreement" among the new inhabitants.

20220623_171929.jpg

20220623_171932.jpg

20220623_171938.jpg

20220623_171943.jpg

Ha! They're so much fun to watch! From what I've read, the occasional skirmish is pretty normal between them.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Daniel@R2R
I am shipping your 3 cosmic next week. i miscalculated they are still a week shy of qting. so expect them in next week.,
Sounds good, sir! Everyone else is doing great!! Thanks!!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More new additions arrived today from @Dr. Reef (I highly recommend you guys check out www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com)!

We've got a beautiful new clown pair and 3 awesome little cosmic gobies!!!

Everybody is healthy and already eating. That's all the fish stocking for this tank! Now... to see how everyone gets along!

clown pair.jpg

1.jpg

cosmic gobies.jpg

eviota cosmic.jpg

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More new additions arrived today from @Dr. Reef (I highly recommend you guys check out www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com)!

We've got a beautiful new clown pair and 3 awesome little cosmic gobies!!!

Everybody is healthy and already eating. That's all the fish stocking for this tank! Now... to see how everyone gets along!

clown pair.jpg

1.jpg

cosmic gobies.jpg

eviota cosmic.jpg
Dr Reef:
8F11BB16-9B62-4CB7-909E-25AD72698D65.gif

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back