Daniel's Office Tank - Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning for a yasha goby :)
You really won’t regret a yasha! The stonogobiops genus are all filled with personality but IMHO yasha gobies have the most of it. What else do you plan for?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the limpets I found on the rock. These little guys are all throughout it.

20220429_132257.jpg

20220429_132312.jpg

20220429_132321.jpg

20220429_132334.jpg
All that microfauna makes me jealous! What rock is it?

Never have I wanted to add a small piece of LR to my tank so badly.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I am wanting to put together a small frag tank! This would be perfect! I jumped the gun and bought some live rock rubble fromm y lfs the other day. How do I keep it live? I almost added it to main main display but scared me because I didn't want to mess with the bacteria balance in the tank. I was afraid that when I removed it the tank would freak! LOL. Any suggestions

? I am starting to fear it going bad on me and doin more harm then good I really only got it because she didn't sell any rubble! I probably should have waited and bought it then or bought a regulars piece of live rock and just broke it up when I am ready to start the tank! I may use one in my garage for now. Its a 20 long!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I am wanting to put together a small frag tank! This would be perfect! I jumped the gun and bought some live rock rubble fromm y lfs the other day. How do I keep it live? I almost added it to main main display but scared me because I didn't want to mess with the bacteria balance in the tank. I was afraid that when I removed it the tank would freak! LOL. Any suggestions

? I am starting to fear it going bad on me and doin more harm then good I really only got it because she didn't sell any rubble! I probably should have waited and bought it then or bought a regulars piece of live rock and just broke it up when I am ready to start the tank! I may use one in my garage for now. Its a 20 long!
If you keep it in saltwater and in indirect sunlight then you should be alright.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool build. Makes me want to start a nano build myself.
You definitely should, IME they’re easier but also harder in a way. It’s easier to control nutrients but also harder to keep them in control if you overstock the tank with heavier bioload fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the gobies will be first to establish their burrows without any interference.
Definitely, gobies are usually the first to seek hideout. Although over time they’ll be out so much more!
An example of which is Trimma, Eviota and Discordipinna species. They will hide for a while most of the time and eventually come out and stay out during lights on.
My griessingeri will be out during daylight however it’s just luck if you spot him as he will be anywhere and even in some cases in the smallest gaps. I spot him much more often when I know where he is or when it’s around dusk/dawn.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All that microfauna makes me jealous! What rock is it?

Never have I wanted to add a small piece of LR to my tank so badly.
Haha! Thanks! It's actually rock I had in my previous tank which was set up in 2016. I kept it live when I tore down the other tank for the move to the new house. Then, I broke it and reshaped it for the scape in this one.

As @i cant think said, putting it in saltwater with a bit of indirect sunlight should keep it fine. Adding some flow or surface agitation is also recommended.

However, I would honestly have no issue with putting it in a currently running tank. That's a common practice for seeding anyway. As long as your tank currently has enough rock, adding extra and then removing it shouldn't have much of an impact (if at all).
Very cool build. Makes me want to start a nano build myself.
Do it!!
Got any updates for us?
Well, I'm currently away from the tank visiting family, so per usual, I worry about the tank while I'm away. LOL

The tank did get a bit of hair algae that I'm dealing with. Not doing anything crazy. I figure it'll run its course. I'm confident in the filtration strategy, so it should all balance out soon.

I thought I had lost all my coral and anemones in the house flood fiasco (end of last year right after we moved into the new house), but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that quite a few of my rock flower nems survived and were still living on the live rock. I've moved all of the ones that I've found into the nano. I'll try and get a picture of those when I get back home on Wednesday.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, hm… wonder what’s coming next, maybe the blennies?

I think the gobies will be first to establish their burrows without any interference.

Definitely, gobies are usually the first to seek hideout. Although over time they’ll be out so much more!
An example of which is Trimma, Eviota and Discordipinna species. They will hide for a while most of the time and eventually come out and stay out during lights on.
My griessingeri will be out during daylight however it’s just luck if you spot him as he will be anywhere and even in some cases in the smallest gaps. I spot him much more often when I know where he is or when it’s around dusk/dawn.
So I've actually got the whole stock list in an order currently. They're being acquired and QT'd. The fish in that list are:

Yasha goby
Eviota atriventris - Black Belly Gobies
Eviota lachdeberei - Cosmic Nano Gobies
Barnacle Blennies
Midas blenny

I've also got a couple of coral orders placed to receive hopefully this coming week. As part of those orders, I've got a couple of fungia plates. I'm excited to see the Eviota lachdeberei pair up with those as they're apparently known to do. That's a symbiotic relationship I just recently read about, and I'm hoping it'll work out it my tank. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've actually got the whole stock list in an order currently. They're being acquired and QT'd. The fish in that list are:

Yasha goby
Eviota atriventris - Black Belly Gobies
Eviota lachdeberei - Cosmic Nano Gobies
Barnacle Blennies
Midas blenny

I've also got a couple of coral orders placed to receive hopefully this coming week. As part of those orders, I've got a couple of fungia plates. I'm excited to see the Eviota lachdeberei pair up with those as they're apparently known to do. That's a symbiotic relationship I just recently read about, and I'm hoping it'll work out it my tank. :)
I’m jealous that you managed to get hold of Eviota lachdeberei. They’re a stunning species in person and the symbiotic relationships they can have are so intriguing too witness.
Hoping to eventually get a pair of Eviotas of my own once one or both of my larger wrasses outgrow the nano, currently looking into E. brahami or maybe going to try hunt down a pair of E. lachdeberei.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m jealous that you managed to get hold of Eviota lachdeberei. They’re a stunning species in person and the symbiotic relationships they can have are so intriguing too witness.
Hoping to eventually get a pair of Eviotas of my own once one or both of my larger wrasses outgrow the nano, currently looking into E. brahami or maybe going to try hunt down a pair of E. lachdeberei.
Check with @Dr. Reef. He's getting mine for me. I also think @Biota_Marine carries them.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back