Daniel's Office Tank - Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More new additions arrived today from @Dr. Reef (I highly recommend you guys check out www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com)!

We've got a beautiful new clown pair and 3 awesome little cosmic gobies!!!

Everybody is healthy and already eating. That's all the fish stocking for this tank! Now... to see how everyone gets along!

clown pair.jpg

1.jpg

cosmic gobies.jpg

eviota cosmic.jpg
Forget the clowns! Those Eviota lachdeberei look so healthy and adorable :)
I’m looking forward to seeing if they do carry out the symbiotic relationship!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forget the clowns! Those Eviota lachdeberei look so healthy and adorable :)
I’m looking forward to seeing if they do carry out the symbiotic relationship!
Well, here's a photo of the plate I got for them. :cool: I sure hope they take to it!

20220630_155401.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here's a photo of the plate I got for them. :cool: I sure hope they take to it!

20220630_155401.jpg
Fingers crossed, also that is a stunning plate. It seriously makes me wonder if I should go for a lachdeberei pair when I have the room or to stick with trying to hunt down either a T. cana pair or E. brahmi pair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see a nice shrimp goby pair in your future, but you are going to need some more sand.
Well, I have them both, but they haven't found each other yet. I've got a tiger pistol shrimp and a yasha goby in hopes they pair up.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fingers crossed, also that is a stunning plate. It seriously makes me wonder if I should go for a lachdeberei pair when I have the room or to stick with trying to hunt down either a T. cana pair or E. brahmi pair.
Thanks! I love the plate, and the pics I take of it aren't doing it justice. There's tons of yellow mixed into that green. It's also pretty huge! I hope the gobies are impressed :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I love the plate, and the pics I take of it aren't doing it justice. There's tons of yellow mixed into that green. It's also pretty huge! I hope the gobies are impressed :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
A big home for a small species is always perfect haha, fingers crossed!!

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More new additions arrived today from @Dr. Reef (I highly recommend you guys check out www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com)!

We've got a beautiful new clown pair and 3 awesome little cosmic gobies!!!

Everybody is healthy and already eating. That's all the fish stocking for this tank! Now... to see how everyone gets along!

clown pair.jpg

1.jpg

cosmic gobies.jpg

eviota cosmic.jpg
Wow! You got some Eviota Lachdeberei?! I only recently saw some in person, they're absolutely stunning. I'm also looking at a trio from Biota to add soon. I heard they're more reclusive at first and it takes some time for them to warm up but I imagine in a group they'll be a lot more outgoing. I can't wait to see updates on those guys! And the tank overall looks really awesome so far! I love all the stocking choices of blennies and gobies, that's the same thing I'm sort of trying to go for with my 20

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go!!!

20220623_133829.jpg

20220623_133838.jpg

20220623_134222.jpg

20220623_134807.jpg

20220623_134859.jpg

20220623_135139.jpg

20220623_135431.jpg

20220623_133528.jpg
Also the 3 Eviota Gobies you got that have the redish/orange stripe and white top I believe is Eviota nigriventris. From the pics it looks like you can tell them apart from Eviota Brahmi as the top stripe isn't as bright nor as "big". Kind of like a Neon Tetra / Cardinal Tetra comparison haha

The good thing is I believe they're more outgoing than E. Brahmi so you'll see them a lot more. Stunning little fish for sure!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the 3 Eviota Gobies you got that have the redish/orange stripe and white top I believe is Eviota nigriventris. From the pics it looks like you can tell them apart from Eviota Brahmi as the top stripe isn't as bright nor as "big". Kind of like a Neon Tetra / Cardinal Tetra comparison haha
Thought they were E. nigriventris as E. brahmi is a rather more rare Eviota compared to the others.
Eviota brahmi is a slightly more outgoing species but yes Nigriventris are more outgoing than Brahmi as Brahmi I do believe come from deeper waters so they will be less out and about in captivity - Similar to Trimma tevegae against Trimma cana.

Goby Bryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so we can finally get this party started!!! The tank is here and more equipment is arriving today from BRS and VCA! I am also ordering a lid and media tray from @cromag27 at Octo Aquatics!

IMG_20220302_075745_109.jpg

The plan for this tank is that it will be a clown/nem tank, but let's be real. I'm a coral junky, and this will probably have lots of other stuff in it too. I'm already imagining a nice plate coral or acantho, some acans, some blastos, maybe some zoas... and I should probably add a goby in there too, right? ;Smuggrin
You better get some utter chaos zoas...

melbournedan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build. will definitely be following this. i just started a WB15g Peninsula, will be going a similar route but dry rock and barebottom. Just waiting on the cycle. (clown pair, Nem maybe some easy softies) if you get a sec check out my build thread.

could you please explain how your chambers are set up, it’s pretty tight back there and just wanting to see other peoples set ups.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so we can finally get this party started!!! The tank is here and more equipment is arriving today from BRS and VCA! I am also ordering a lid and media tray from @cromag27 at Octo Aquatics!

IMG_20220302_075745_109.jpg

The plan for this tank is that it will be a clown/nem tank, but let's be real. I'm a coral junky, and this will probably have lots of other stuff in it too. I'm already imagining a nice plate coral or acantho, some acans, some blastos, maybe some zoas... and I should probably add a goby in there too, right? ;Smuggrin
Do you recall where you bought the table that this tank sits on?

Back