Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - A Recovering Build...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its one that marine depot sells on there site. No name. Lol
Hmm... looks like it is made by a company called Monolith Marine Monsters. Not much of a web presence and cannot find a manual. :confused:

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks all, I think I'm gonna pick up a new one from MD. This one was used and came as a freebie in a trade. I had checked it to be working as the solenoid, but didn't anticipate the leak issue. I definitely don't wanna blow up anything. :D

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gonna have to wait until I get it to finish setting up the Cal Rx. :/ oh well...I'm in Atlanta until Wednesday anyhow.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait Daniel, you're in Atlanta, I live in Georgia, and you didn't even bother to let ANYBODY know you were headed this way? I see how it is...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait Daniel, you're in Atlanta, I live in Georgia, and you didn't even bother to let ANYBODY know you were headed this way? I see how it is...
Haha! It's a conference, and unfortunately, there's ZERO downtime. :( However, I'll be coming back again next month (more training), so hopefully that time will have more availability. You live near Atlanta?

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! It's a conference, and unfortunately, there's ZERO downtime. :( However, I'll be coming back again next month (more training), so hopefully that time will have more availability. You live near Atlanta?

No like 2 hours away :( Best I could do would be a travel lunch where we met in like Macon which would be about an hours trip for both of us :p

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No like 2 hours away :( Best I could do would be a travel lunch where we met in like Macon which would be about an hours trip for both of us :p
I'd be down, but the company that is paying for us to be out here has about 5 of us in 1 vehicle...which creates issues with me taking the car. Haha. I'll check to see what the details will be for when we come again next month. If I can work it out, I'd be glad to get together.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be down, but the company that is paying for us to be out here has about 5 of us in 1 vehicle...which creates issues with me taking the car. Haha. I'll check to see what the details will be for when we come again next month. If I can work it out, I'd be glad to get together.

Yeah no worries man, I'm just giving you a hard time because that's what I do. If we can possibly make it work, it would be fun as I have yet to meet another fellow reefer from R2R. Besides I was in the Navy, I can have food and a drink with almost anybody :p

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly:D:D

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah no worries man, I'm just giving you a hard time because that's what I do. If we can possibly make it work, it would be fun as I have yet to meet another fellow reefer from R2R. Besides I was in the Navy, I can have food and a drink with almost anybody :p
LOL

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good news: My blue line flasher wrasse is out and swimming around again. Seems like everyone is ignoring him. I'm glad that turned out a success story. :)

Bad news: My SPS looks like someone pooped on it. :( It appears @Rakie's curse is holding. Hoping to do some major work on the tank, but it seems like with everything else I have going, it's just impossible to catch more than a few minutes at a time. I'm starting to see why some people pay maintenance companies...

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. The curse is strong. You'll get through it, just bug someone near you to help setup your calcium reactor

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has this build thread been abandoned? o_O:cool:
Only bc the tank looks REALLY BAD right now... :oops::oops::oops: I am pretty sure I know what caused the issue, but when things went downhill, it became a domino effect...it also hit that place where it hurts me to look at it, so that just makes it even worse... ;Eggonface ;Facepalm ;Blackeye At this point, this is gonna be pretty close to starting over for my SPS.

I need to do a few basic things (like FINALLY set up my Cal Rx) before I try to bring it back from it's severe case of uglies. I plan to restock...but not until I can get it fixed.

On the bright side, my fish and LPS all look good...so maybe I'll just take pics of the bottom of the tank for a while. :rolleyes:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back