Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - SPS Dominant Mixed Reef

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by mdbannister, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

Hmm... looks like it is made by a company called Monolith Marine Monsters. Not much of a web presence and cannot find a manual. :confused:

jsker, reeferfoxx and GoVols like this.

2. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Thanks all, I think I'm gonna pick up a new one from MD. This one was used and came as a freebie in a trade. I had checked it to be working as the solenoid, but didn't anticipate the leak issue. I definitely don't wanna blow up anything. :D

jsker and GoVols like this.
  3. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Gonna have to wait until I get it to finish setting up the Cal Rx. :/ oh well...I'm in Atlanta until Wednesday anyhow.

jsker and GoVols like this.
  4. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

OMG, you aren't gonna finish? Who saw that coming

jsker likes this.
  5. mdbannister

:p :p :p

Rakie and jsker like this.
  6. Amoo

Amoo Professional Thread Derailer R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Wait Daniel, you're in Atlanta, I live in Georgia, and you didn't even bother to let ANYBODY know you were headed this way? I see how it is...

Rakie and jsker like this.
  7. mdbannister

Haha! It's a conference, and unfortunately, there's ZERO downtime. :( However, I'll be coming back again next month (more training), so hopefully that time will have more availability. You live near Atlanta?

jsker likes this.
  8. Amoo

Amoo Professional Thread Derailer R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

No like 2 hours away :( Best I could do would be a travel lunch where we met in like Macon which would be about an hours trip for both of us :p

jsker and mdbannister like this.
  9. mdbannister

I'd be down, but the company that is paying for us to be out here has about 5 of us in 1 vehicle...which creates issues with me taking the car. Haha. I'll check to see what the details will be for when we come again next month. If I can work it out, I'd be glad to get together.

Rakie, jsker and Amoo like this.
  10. Amoo

Yeah no worries man, I'm just giving you a hard time because that's what I do. If we can possibly make it work, it would be fun as I have yet to meet another fellow reefer from R2R. Besides I was in the Navy, I can have food and a drink with almost anybody :p

11. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Exactly:D:D

12. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

LOL

13. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Are you saying @Amoo isn't worth renting a car to visit? WOW, I thought you guys were friends...

14. Rakie

Who are you, me?

15. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Angels and Acros R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

So now there are 2 persons that their job is to give Daniel Hard Time !! lol

HolisticBear and mdbannister like this.
  16. mdbannister

Good news: My blue line flasher wrasse is out and swimming around again. Seems like everyone is ignoring him. I'm glad that turned out a success story. :)

Bad news: My SPS looks like someone pooped on it. :( It appears @Rakie's curse is holding. Hoping to do some major work on the tank, but it seems like with everything else I have going, it's just impossible to catch more than a few minutes at a time. I'm starting to see why some people pay maintenance companies...

HolisticBear, GoVols and Rakie like this.
  17. Rakie

Yep. The curse is strong. You'll get through it, just bug someone near you to help setup your calcium reactor

GoVols likes this.
  18. Rakie

Daniel counter-cursed me. I didn't win anything in the raffle for the first time in like 2 years.

GoVols and mdbannister like this.
  19. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

Has this build thread been abandoned? o_O:cool:

20. mdbannister

Only bc the tank looks REALLY BAD right now... :oops::oops::oops: I am pretty sure I know what caused the issue, but when things went downhill, it became a domino effect...it also hit that place where it hurts me to look at it, so that just makes it even worse... ;Eggonface ;Facepalm ;Blackeye At this point, this is gonna be pretty close to starting over for my SPS.

I need to do a few basic things (like FINALLY set up my Cal Rx) before I try to bring it back from it's severe case of uglies. I plan to restock...but not until I can get it fixed.

On the bright side, my fish and LPS all look good...so maybe I'll just take pics of the bottom of the tank for a while. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted