Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - A Recovering Build...

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the neotherm heaters, I have had over 10 of them and one 1 gave issues. I have 2 that are almost 4 years old and still working perfectly.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new corals in the tank, but now my heater seems to be on the fritz (I blame @Rakie's corals for that). What are the heaters you guys like best and why?
I use Eheim. however I don't rely on the heater internal thermostat, I control it with my Neptune Apex controller.
Eheim heaters are reliable and well built, with controller it is another layer of safety.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy 100 alerts ;) but I have now ridden your roller coaster. From the looks of it, I don’t need to tell you this, but keep it up! Don’t give up on it. It’ll bounce back.

I’m now using Finnex titanium heaters for my two tanks. I haven’t seen any issues yet ;Nailbiting hope I didn’t open Pandora’s box saying it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any heater that has never been in the same tank as one of @Rakie 's corals should do just fine. ;)

A long time ago I put a curse on daniels tank because he was busy in a meeting and I wanted him to quit his job and text me back (priorities and such). That's when it ALLL started. Or ended... i guess.

Anywho. I think anything I give him will be cursed. His tank itself might be cursed if I touch it someday lol

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a updated FTS

Got one last time I was there

16_HalloweenCemetry01.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new corals in the tank, but now my heater seems to be on the fritz (I blame @Rakie's corals for that). What are the heaters you guys like best and why?

My Neo-Therms have worked great. I use them with an Ink Bird Controller ITC-308.

pwilliaml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Aqueon Pro Adjustable Heaters that I got off of Amazon for 30 bucks for a 15o watt heater. No glass so that can't shatter, fully submersible, and cheap so I can replace after a few years when they get old. I use my Apex to control the temperature in the tank. I have a 200 watt titanium heater, but they are hard to find that are small instead of much larger than 200 watts, but they are probably the best when used with a good controller. Ultimately, never trust the internal controller on a heater. My opinion at least.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back