OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tank is absolutely amazing @danieyella!! We’ve discussed our terribly placed overflow before but you have created a tank that provides so many beautiful things to focus on; it’s not even noticeable!
Can you tell me what you have for flow?
What is your fish list currently?!

...taking notes...

all stars lol GIF by Lifetime

Fish list:
1 Marine Betta
1 Tomini Tang
1 Chocolate Tang
2 very rude clownfish
3 Pajama cardinal
2 yellow-tail blue damsel (actually really chill compared to most damsels)
1 engineer goby
1 canary wrasse
1 bicolor blenny
1 lantern basslet
1 royal gramma
1 filefish (unfortunately going to be removed soon because it was caught nipping zoas and rfa)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WhiteSandsReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my dream fish in the tank. Really this is the last fish addition I was going for. I had one for about 4 months previously that mysteriously died with no signs as to why, so fingers crossed this guy does better. So far the tangs are afraid of him and keeping their distance.

PXL_20201209_213104195.jpg
Beautiful fish, thinking of getting one also.
I do have a red crescent tail grouper that should grow to be a looker as well.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you like your marine beta? I’ve been looking at them lately and I’m wanting a fish with that color pattern, and a leopard wrasse seems like it’s a little bit more delicate than a marine betta?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your marine beta? I’ve been looking at them lately and I’m wanting a fish with that color pattern, and a leopard wrasse seems like it’s a little bit more delicate than a marine betta?
I love him, he's pretty shy compared to the other fish and it took a little bit to get him eating at first but he does well now. He comes out mostly in the evening and ramp up/down and stays back in the cave when lights are at peak. During feeding he will do a quick swim through now, but I haven't had him very long - I suspect he'll come out more and more as he gets more comfortable.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A starry blenny might be one to consider. Much more hardy than a leopard wrasse but has a similar pattern as the marine betta

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of my reefing mentors know, my husband isn't the most supportive of this hobby. He's getting better, but he's still, hmmmm, shall we say a tight butt when it comes to spending money on tanks ;Hilarious . Right now, my focus is getting him to spend the money to get the 75 set up and running. I'm at the "I need sand and rock" stage of the build. I have to pick my battles, and I think its wisest to hold off on the RFA's for the time being LOL
worse things you could be spending money on. :cool:

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A starry blenny might be one to consider. Much more hardy than a leopard wrasse but has a similar pattern as the marine betta
I don’t think my Midas Benny will allow another. He’s full of attitude!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason I’m probably holding off on marriage. I WANT REEF FREEDOM!!! If I wanna eat ramen and have lots of coral then so be it
wrong wrong wrong......
when you get married you get duel income. and only one of you does the finances. hint: IT'S YOU
then you get what you want. and when she asks you just say, can't afford it this month. and then when she asks about the tank "is that new?" of course not. it's been there the whole time.:cool:

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a starry blenny. Main character of the tank after just a few days, hangs out with the clowns and has that very cool pattern. I also have a ywb they are getting along fine.

wrong wrong wrong......
when you get married you get duel income. and only one of you does the finances. hint: IT'S YOU
then you get what you want. and when she asks you just say, can't afford it this month. and then when she asks about the tank "is that new?" of course not. it's been there the whole time.:cool:

Duel income is the way! There is a thing called DINK which is duel income no kids.

Fortunately for my life but unfortunately for my tank's budget my wife is a CFP and does all the finance stuff.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like the height of the 90? I want to go higher from my 75 but not sure if the extra 3” is worth it. My scape is already higher than the waterline, oh brother

Only standard size higher than that is a 110 which would be 6” higher than the 90, seems unmanageable.

3A76B6AE-DB66-4737-9A04-839AB8B90662.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like the height of the 90? I want to go higher from my 75 but not sure if the extra 3” is worth it.

Only standard size higher than that is a 110 which would be 6” higher than the 90, seems unmanageable.

3A76B6AE-DB66-4737-9A04-839AB8B90662.jpeg
I am short folk, so idk if I could go any deeper than this. Reaching in to the bottom of this one is already an effort as is.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back