OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have just made a battlecoral order....

I missed the fragswap today thanks to work (we were insane - customers rushed to do their shopping today so they don't have to deal with traffic near the stadium tomorrow)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have just made a battlecoral order....

I missed the fragswap today thanks to work (we were insane - customers rushed to do their shopping today so they don't have to deal with traffic near the stadium tomorrow)
You going to the game

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You going to the game
Absolutely not. Traffic is bad enough over here without it being superbowl and our own team playing in our stadium. I don't want to get caught in any of that mess. Plus, I guarantee you 80% of the nearby population bought fireworks, and they're setting those off whether we win or not so I'll need to be here to keep Skeletor calm.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Struggling with low flow in one chamber of my sump. Eshopps branded and it's supposed to be the refugium chamber (obviously that won't work with chaeto). Short of adding a small pump or powerhead, anyone have ideas for troubleshooting the problem? It's been pretty bad since the beginning but lately I'm getting a gross filmy buildup that I'm cleaning out daily.
Had the same issue in my sump. I ended up tossing a small power head I had laying around in there and it cleared that up. Also ended up making a chaeto basket out of egg crate and have been seeing way better growth.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue in my sump. I ended up tossing a small power head I had laying around in there and it cleared that up. Also ended up making a chaeto basket out of egg crate and have been seeing way better growth.
Yeah I did something similar in the long run, I also don't use chaeto now anyway - got tired of random strands sneaking out. I have a few different macros in there instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

Updated FTS, not much has changed to be honest.

PXL_20210207_153257827.jpg

Some other random things:

Blastos & duncan
PXL_20210207_152744171.jpg

Tang party
PXL_20210207_152519389.jpg

This thing (the red and orange one). It was not doing well in the pico, too bright, so I moved it to the big tank. It's started to encrust down the plug really well and spread onto some nearby rock but I can't get a good photo. It also does not appear to have a common name (??) and I can't remember what the scientific name is until I see it. Lol
PXL_20210207_152837175.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My older tangs are in a mood today.

I watched the tomini chase and squish one of the clowns up against the frilly mushroom because it was nipping at him. In his defense, my clowns are brats.

I just watched the chocolate chase off a cardinal that was just swimming by while he was grazing on nori...

The only one who's not causing any problems is the baby sailfin who's just trying to figure out whether or not he can bite the easy masstick himself. Currently he is catching all the debris that falls whenever another fish takes a chunk. He's also yet to discover the nori clip. Little baby doesn't realize he's going to run this tank eventually

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at a couple lepto to put in some of the lower light areas of the tank... Also thinking about getting some live rock rubble to add in around the left side where the clowns buried the previous rock for zoas :rolleyes:

The back left area of my tank has been really bugging me recently. I hate the way the overflow thing is situated, it really messes up flow for that back corner. I've been thinking about adding rock below the piece that's in that corner to help elevate it. Maybe that will visually balance it out for me better. The question is, do I get dry rock or find some live rock to add? In my mind, like 3-4 inches higher is what I need....

Input from the hivemind?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at a couple lepto to put in some of the lower light areas of the tank... Also thinking about getting some live rock rubble to add in around the left side where the clowns buried the previous rock for zoas :rolleyes:

The back left area of my tank has been really bugging me recently. I hate the way the overflow thing is situated, it really messes up flow for that back corner. I've been thinking about adding rock below the piece that's in that corner to help elevate it. Maybe that will visually balance it out for me better. The question is, do I get dry rock or find some live rock to add? In my mind, like 3-4 inches higher is what I need....

Input from the hivemind?
I have Halloween lepto it pretty I recommend it... orange and green

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My older tangs are in a mood today.

I watched the tomini chase and squish one of the clowns up against the frilly mushroom because it was nipping at him. In his defense, my clowns are brats.

I just watched the chocolate chase off a cardinal that was just swimming by while he was grazing on nori...

The only one who's not causing any problems is the baby sailfin who's just trying to figure out whether or not he can bite the easy masstick himself. Currently he is catching all the debris that falls whenever another fish takes a chunk. He's also yet to discover the nori clip. Little baby doesn't realize he's going to run this tank eventually
How is the tomini tang with other mates? Ive been on a tang kick lately. Just brought home a baby tomini hes kinda bossy with my red corris wrasse already. Wanted the sail fin but they where holding it for another reefer. Tangs are cool little fish though

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the tomini tang with other mates? Ive been on a tang kick lately. Just brought home a baby tomini hes kinda bossy with my red corris wrasse already. Wanted the sail fin but they where holding it for another reefer. Tangs are cool little fish though
The tomini does well with everyone else, most of the time. The clowns seem to get on his nerves occasionally, but they get on my nerves so I don't blame him.

He was the first tang in the tank and took to the chocolate with no issues. He's never really bullied any of the new additions to be honest.

Back