danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticks for the pico arrive today.

Closing LFS advertised all rock regardless of weight is $5 so I'll be heading over there this afternoon in hopes they still have something and that it will work well to elevate the back corner rock I have. Unfortunately I can't build up from it because of the stunner growing on top. Might see what kinds of fish and coral they have floating around still as well... hmm

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticks for the pico arrive today.

Closing LFS advertised all rock regardless of weight is $5 so I'll be heading over there this afternoon in hopes they still have something and that it will work well to elevate the back corner rock I have. Unfortunately I can't build up from it because of the stunner growing on top. Might see what kinds of fish and coral they have floating around still as well... hmm
Happy hunting

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy hunting
Got some decent chunks of rock to build up that corner, and a nice little bit of rock with some mysterious indo zoas on it. All $15 total. Success.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some decent chunks of rock to build up that corner, and a nice little bit of rock with some mysterious indo zoas on it. All $15 total. Success.
Thats a great hall.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cloudy right now from digging that rock out.... But I feel like it's much better balanced now
PXL_20210211_200548376.jpg

There was a whole ledge that was under the sand! What am I going to put there??
PXL_20210211_200559188.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas? Euphyllia?
I miss having euphyllia, maybe if the clowns continue to ignore that area I'll try again. They like to love euphyllia to death

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type
So, the freebies I got were a "super shaggy" stag and a "serious circus" acro. The only one who showed up looking stressed from FEDEX not delivering until 5pm (delayed flight) is the serious circus, but also it's pink so maybe I'm crazy and it's not actually looking stressed.

Other receipts were a smooth skin acro "soda popinski", a secale ( "bc secale"), "teen wolf", and a "red hot hat" digi.

I pulled the echinata from the little tank as he was starting to sting the nearby zoas, and I placed him over in new rock land near the stunner in the big tank. They can duke it out. I also pulled the pocillopora from the little tank as he was looking bleached, moved him to the bigger tank as well where it's a little lower par. All the newbies are in the pico for now. I'll put up this info and a photo of that tank over there.

Here's the big tank now that it isn't cloudy anymore
PXL_20210211_224006181.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks great.!!!and look at that coralline ;Happy i would love an oz or two of that to seed my rock tanks;):cool:
annnd..SPBLAMM...
V__2A7E.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I'm discovering that my phone + orange filter to knock out the blues it picks up (even with heavy whites on) CANNOT pick up that orangey/peach tone whatsoever. It just turns it pink. :rolleyes:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I'm discovering that my phone + orange filter to knock out the blues it picks up (even with heavy whites on) CANNOT pick up that orangey/peach tone whatsoever. It just turns it pink. :rolleyes:
Try a yellow filter

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a yellow filter
I'll keep an eye out for one. I've been thinking about that a lot recently, wondering if it would pull more true to the eye coloration.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep an eye out for one. I've been thinking about that a lot recently, wondering if it would pull more true to the eye coloration.
When orange works well for some colors but not all. If its an orange tone orange can wash it out. I play with the pro mode to try to get orange back in. My yellow is a lot easier to work with orange

Back