OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who this. Popped up this morning. Not my actual white one, think it's someone who either hitched in on the new rock or took a reprieve from the filefish when he was attacking and just came back out to visit again. Curious to see what the color will be. Hoping it's one of my shallows come back out.

PXL_20210215_134239662.jpg

Speaking of the filefish... since he's been gone 2 aiptasia have popped back up for me to treat, one is in this photo. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That RFA is still hanging out over there, everyone seems to have adjusted to the new chunks of rock and elevated corner with no issues.

I set up a pH probe. Last year with liquid tests I was pulling 7.2-7.4 if I was lucky. Probe is currently fluctuating between 7.88 and 7.91. When I was reading that low, I bought a co2 scrubber but never set it up. The only thing I've done differently that could be affecting the pH IMO is implement aquachar for biomedia about 3-4 months ago. Easy win? I think so!

Now, I'm going to go to work and dream about going back to bed because we're 95% sure I got a concussion last night and you're "not supposed" to drink caffeine within 48 hours or some terrible thing like that. I don't know how to function and I still have a splitting headache.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need a bigger tank

@danieyella how are you feeling today? How did you get a concussion.
Ugh. So... I feel better to an extent. I only made it 3 hours in to work on Wednesday - once I got there and in the bright lights and started being active it really knocked me back. I was off yesterday and felt much better until I took Skeletor for a walk, got home and my head started pounding bad again.

I was trying to take trash out at work Tuesday evening, we're all short people, so we use a spare dustmop stick (with the silver bracket on the end) to hitch the dumpster door and swing it back open when they come pick up. We never use the left side of the trash dumpster because it's sketchy - everyone has always had bad luck with it. Well, somehow when they picked up this time they broke the right side. The plastic of the lid is all warped up and caught under the interior lip so there's a little opening but you can't actually get it open. I gave in and decided to try to open the left side and there's a catch somewhere on the plastic and the dustmop handle came full force flying straight into my already dramatic maxillary sinus. I was a little dazed because ouch. Tried again, hit same spot even harder. Gave up. As the rest of the evening progressed I realized it was more than just ouch. Trying to count down the drawers and numbers kept flipping on me, trying to talk to my husband on the drive home and I wasn't able to use the words I wanted to, etc.

I slept most of Wednesday when I got home from work early, and most of yesterday. Trying work again today and we'll see how far I make it. At this point I feel really groggy and lethargic. The headache is isolated to the right side of my head specifically, unless I exert too much energy then it seems to spread and turns into more of a splitting headache than a dull throb. My face is still swollen and painful to the touch, but it didn't visibly bruise.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. So... I feel better to an extent. I only made it 3 hours in to work on Wednesday - once I got there and in the bright lights and started being active it really knocked me back. I was off yesterday and felt much better until I took Skeletor for a walk, got home and my head started pounding bad again.

I was trying to take trash out at work Tuesday evening, we're all short people, so we use a spare dustmop stick (with the silver bracket on the end) to hitch the dumpster door and swing it back open when they come pick up. We never use the left side of the trash dumpster because it's sketchy - everyone has always had bad luck with it. Well, somehow when they picked up this time they broke the right side. The plastic of the lid is all warped up and caught under the interior lip so there's a little opening but you can't actually get it open. I gave in and decided to try to open the left side and there's a catch somewhere on the plastic and the dustmop handle came full force flying straight into my already dramatic maxillary sinus. I was a little dazed because ouch. Tried again, hit same spot even harder. Gave up. As the rest of the evening progressed I realized it was more than just ouch. Trying to count down the drawers and numbers kept flipping on me, trying to talk to my husband on the drive home and I wasn't able to use the words I wanted to, etc.

I slept most of Wednesday when I got home from work early, and most of yesterday. Trying work again today and we'll see how far I make it. At this point I feel really groggy and lethargic. The headache is isolated to the right side of my head specifically, unless I exert too much energy then it seems to spread and turns into more of a splitting headache than a dull throb. My face is still swollen and painful to the touch, but it didn't visibly bruise.
OMG did you go see a doctor?? From the sound of those symptoms I would say you need to!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG did you go see a doctor?? From the sound of those symptoms I would say you need to!
Not yet, it's pretty common for symptoms to reside for a week or more. The main thing to watch for is that they aren't getting worse - which they're not. They are getting better & as long as I don't over exert myself they're pretty minor now especially compared to that first night. Depending on how today goes I might though - to justify (with the company) not working for a few days if I can't make it through.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, it's pretty common for symptoms to reside for a week or more. The main thing to watch for is that they aren't getting worse - which they're not. They are getting better & as long as I don't over exert myself they're pretty minor now especially compared to that first night. Depending on how today goes I might though - to justify (with the company) not working for a few days if I can't make it through.
Hope you feel better soon!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you feel better soon!

That sounds so painful. Yuck. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both. I left work at 1 this afternoon & got another store to cover me for tomorrow. Running around trying to do things is 100% making it worse.

Luckily aside from 2 4hr days of meetings next week, I'm already off for the week so hopefully I'll be fine by the time I actually return.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OUCH..and to think ,i got bumped ;Facepalm hope you feel better soon!!! :)
ps: i'll send you some rock flowers pic's as a get well mid week;):cool:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 1/2 of the materials I needed to amp up the media box (sock replacement) in my sump. I've been just doing some crappy foam and calling it a day for the last year. I ordered multiple layers of different micron plus some sponge for fine capture. 2nd half comes tomorrow.

Today I need to clean out the carbon reactor (aquachar) because the sponge there is getting gross, and change out about 25% (first time in 3 months). I also need to check on my clearfx one. If the basket goes the way I want it to, I might layer that in there instead of running it in another reactor like I currently am because my tank is getting waarrmmm (and I don't run a heater).

I might clean the skimmer too... I think it's time.

Just sent off another ICP to see if whatever copper it picked up last time is gone. The cuprisorb is supposed to change to a "deep blue/black" color as it pulls copper and all it's done is turn a light brown - makes me feel like it may have been a fluke on the test.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back