Cade Chaos Grimoire

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 1/2 of the materials I needed to amp up the media box (sock replacement) in my sump. I've been just doing some crappy foam and calling it a day for the last year. I ordered multiple layers of different micron plus some sponge for fine capture. 2nd half comes tomorrow.

Today I need to clean out the carbon reactor (aquachar) because the sponge there is getting gross, and change out about 25% (first time in 3 months). I also need to check on my clearfx one. If the basket goes the way I want it to, I might layer that in there instead of running it in another reactor like I currently am because my tank is getting waarrmmm (and I don't run a heater).

I might clean the skimmer too... I think it's time.

Just sent off another ICP to see if whatever copper it picked up last time is gone. The cuprisorb is supposed to change to a "deep blue/black" color as it pulls copper and all it's done is turn a light brown - makes me feel like it may have been a fluke on the test.
Could be. Or they mixed up samples

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be. Or they mixed up samples
Also possible. It was a pretty weird reading after being consistent for awhile. They also had just started processing again after upgrades to the lab so they were probably overloaded.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minimal headache after walking the dog today. Brain is making progress.

Changed some of the aquachar. Did some sump maintenance. Pulling the extra reactor dropped the temp almost 2 degrees?! Seems like a fluke, we'll see.

Water is cloudy as can be right now from kicking stuff up in the sump but the corals always seem to love that. I did not replace my clearfx yet but I pulled the exhausted material. I'll replace tomorrow when I build the box I'm putting together. I think. Depends on how I feel lol.

We're doing some kitchen remodeling stuff tomorrow and did some talking about the future of the tank today... Tomorrow we start the rebuild of the bar which will incorporate storage for some of our larger countertop appliances we don't use daily, as well as pantry cabinet space. Once that's done we'll make plans to do the rest of the kitchen. Once THAT'S done, we may move on to the tank upgrade.

The plan is to find a nice tank to take up the entire wall this tank is currently using (and do away with the cabinet next to it most likely). The switch over is going to be a pain I'm sure.... But I need it to be bigger!

PXL_20210220_211423982.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minimal headache after walking the dog today. Brain is making progress.

Changed some of the aquachar. Did some sump maintenance. Pulling the extra reactor dropped the temp almost 2 degrees?! Seems like a fluke, we'll see.

Water is cloudy as can be right now from kicking stuff up in the sump but the corals always seem to love that. I did not replace my clearfx yet but I pulled the exhausted material. I'll replace tomorrow when I build the box I'm putting together. I think. Depends on how I feel lol.

We're doing some kitchen remodeling stuff tomorrow and did some talking about the future of the tank today... Tomorrow we start the rebuild of the bar which will incorporate storage for some of our larger countertop appliances we don't use daily, as well as pantry cabinet space. Once that's done we'll make plans to do the rest of the kitchen. Once THAT'S done, we may move on to the tank upgrade.

The plan is to find a nice tank to take up the entire wall this tank is currently using (and do away with the cabinet next to it most likely). The switch over is going to be a pain I'm sure.... But I need it to be bigger!

PXL_20210220_211423982.jpg
and deeper. :cool:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I target fed any of the lps - my cynarina doesn't have as dramatic of a feed response as the acanthophyllia do.

PXL_20210221_160309129.jpg

Blastos love their coral feast and suck it down so fast I can usually hit them again by the time I get through the others.

PXL_20210221_160221227.jpg

Didn't get a good shot of the bubble but he's not very dramatic either. Elegance just gets puffier.

PXL_20210221_160303619.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i post..then bumped rt aftero_O;Facepalm
hope your feeling better;)
nice pic's:cool:

Still a minor headache when walking the dog or doing anything that requires any amount of exertion - especially in the morning. Not sure if it's because it's just too much blood flow to the brain first thing or what, but I seem to need to take a nap or sit in the dark room for about an hour afterwards. Evening dog walks not so bad.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to add some more blastos in the future, been keep an eye out for something *different* in coloration to pop in with them.

I also think I might try to add another cynarina in the future as well. I'm always willing to add more acanthophyllia.

Still trying to decide what can go up on that new ledge...

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad your starting to feel better @danieyella
Love the tank pics!
Meeting at work today sucked, most everything else is resolved except for I feel like I've had a hangover for a week now. I ended up turning off the fluorescent lights in my office lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a shopping cart full (ATS and air pump for it) waiting for me to decide to pull the trigger with Marine Depot because @sp1187 @MERKEY @LRT (probably more of you) are a bunch of enablers...

But I have another one full of zoas elsewhere... what to do...

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i bet those lights are bothering you!
Absolutely are, luckily it's 4 hrs today, 4 hrs tomorrow then back to vacation and I don't have to deal with it again until Monday.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a shopping cart full (ATS and air pump for it) waiting for me to decide to pull the trigger with Marine Depot because @sp1187 @MERKEY @LRT are a bunch of enablers...

But I have another one full of zoas elsewhere... what to do...
Click buy. DOOOOO IIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to giggle at your expense but it still makes me think what the heck when you did that to yourself and not only once but twice. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves ;)
I knowwww, I thought it was a fluke the first time, and then realized after the 2nd time where it was catching on a bump in the plastic. Never opening that side of the dumpster again. Hopefully they fix the other side by the time I get back from vacation
ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back