danieyella's micro baby tank

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated top down on this guy.

PXL_20221012_204641995.jpg

Keep getting top downs because the front has a nasty really rough spotting algae on it and the only way I think I'm gonna be able to get it off is a razor, which I'm sure will scratch it up since it's acrylic.

The "competition" is officially over, only @Mhamilton0911 and I seem to have made it to the end.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it running as my "I didn't order this freebie coral and have no where else to put it" tank like I have been, or what. A small part of me was thinking about moving it up to a slightly bigger tank (like, a full gallon). We'll see.
Trim down a magic eraser for the algae and scrub it. I use it on my acrylic tank with no issues.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just clean the display portion, but pipe cleaners don't fit in the tube very well to clean that part
Hmmm yea that’s what I would try too is those handy pipe cleaners. Maybe try two together and get it real tight before tugging on it a bit. Of course you could always set it up and break it down every 2 weeks during a reef show and skip the algae? Not really sure. Here’s a pic of their magical tank.
633B016E-4B58-4364-9E81-F3E0C8D5CBD3.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm yea that’s what I would try too is those handy pipe cleaners. Maybe try two together and get it real tight before tugging on it a bit. Of course you could always set it up and break it down every 2 weeks during a reef show and skip the algae? Not really sure. Here’s a pic of their magical tank.
633B016E-4B58-4364-9E81-F3E0C8D5CBD3.jpeg
I think I need to trim some off the end of one. They fit perfectly until they get to the bend, they can't fit in the bend & regular wire isn't really enough mass to make an impact.

That's gorgeous, if only

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic erasers are Soooo clutch for cleaning.
They really are. My district stores always act like I'm crazy when I tell them to just buy melamine sponges on Amazon to clean their tanks.

Thjhiggins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was wondering if you use a heater in the 40Oz micro reef. It doesn't seem to have room for it and I would think the pump would keep the temp warm. Any thoughts? [email address removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back