Cade Chaos Grimoire

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the pup toe doing?

Thought of you today in here. Don't make it weird.
PXL_20210814_011622083.jpg
PXL_20210814_011713989.jpg
PXL_20210814_011633757.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting to hear from the vet so I can pick Skeletor up. I have stress cleaned all of the floors in the house. I guess I'll do some water tests....

Oh - and discovered fraud on one of my accounts. Did that today too

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're home.

Will hear more specific results from the radiologist between Tuesday and Thursday but in the meantime, another two weeks of painkillers and anti-inflammatories because he definitely has a pretty severe fracture in his toe.

The concern is osteosarcoma since he's a Greyhound. Fingers crossed that's not found by the radiologist. I really hope he doesn't have signs of osteosarcoma.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radiologist consult came back today. No signs of osteosarcoma! However his fracture is actually into five pieces. Waiting on a surgeon consult now to find out if they want to try to splint it or what the plan is next.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radiologist consult came back today. No signs of osteosarcoma! However his fracture is actually into five pieces. Waiting on a surgeon consult now to find out if they want to try to splint it or what the plan is next.
Hey thats not terrible news. Positive thoughts headed your way.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thats not terrible news. Positive thoughts headed your way.
Yeah, huge relief. Most likely they'll recommend waiting out this 2 weeks of meds and seeing how he is on it after that. If he seems to be in pain without the meds I suspect they'll recommend amputating the toe. I'm not sure if it would be full toe or just the lower digit that's affected. I don't see splinting being feasible w/ how wonky and thin greyhound feet are. I just don't want him living on painkillers & anti-inflammatories OR in pain, so hopefully if amputating is needed they're able to get him in fast for it. I know the recovery process is really quick for it (from speaking with a number of other hound owners who have gone through it). It's more traumatic for the human to make that decision than it is for the pup to lose the toe.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big hippopus with the cracked mantle passed. I had hopes since it started to feel like it was firming up again but I guess it was unfounded :(

Also my roller mat is being a brat so I guess I'm dealing with that today.

I intended to hit the cherry sale yesterday after a couple drinks with the neighbor for his birthday. Had a drink, had a headache from not eating all day, came home to eat something, was getting ready to go back across the street when the alarm company from work called with a door alert & I had to go up to work instead (doors were in fact wide open for some reason but no damage or theft we could tell). By the time I got home I *needed* some drinks and completely forgot to check back in on the sale.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big hippopus with the cracked mantle passed. I had hopes since it started to feel like it was firming up again but I guess it was unfounded :(

Also my roller mat is being a brat so I guess I'm dealing with that today.

I intended to hit the cherry sale yesterday after a couple drinks with the neighbor for his birthday. Had a drink, had a headache from not eating all day, came home to eat something, was getting ready to go back across the street when the alarm company from work called with a door alert & I had to go up to work instead (doors were in fact wide open for some reason but no damage or theft we could tell). By the time I got home I *needed* some drinks and completely forgot to check back in on the sale.
didn't miss much.
for me, a disappointment.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refilled ATO (have I mentioned how much I love this built in reservoir?)

Cleaned all my glass!

Found a few more frags the urchin dislodged so after ca/dkh testing I'll be glueing them all back in :rolleyes:

Still can't get the roller back to normal, looks like it's not quite centered and rolled too thick on one side. Might have to call the last 1/4 of this roll a bust and replace early.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going from 10ml a day to 30ml a day to maintain calcium at 450. Thanks crocea.

Still working on dkh :rolleyes:

Today all the LPS got a heavy target feeding & I'm pretty sure I fixed the roller. Pulled it out and cut it and retaped the roll fresh from the cut point instead of scrapping the entire roll. Duh. Glad my brain kicked in.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: my assistant was able to check the cameras this afternoon. Apparently the closing leader locked an associate in (who clocked out 30 min prior and said he was leaving). He strolled out of the building 15 min after the leader & other associate left for the night, unlocked both sets of doors and triggered the alarm, left and closed them back up but didn't contact any of us about it. 3 cops arrived and opened the doors up, walked around to do a sweep, and left the doors WIDE OPEN when they left. The cop I spoke with last night arrived with her partner, left the doors exactly how they were when she arrived (wide open) did another sweep, and planted her car in the entry until I arrived and walked the store myself and locked back up. She said when she got there the doors were wide open (yeah, from the other cops). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back