OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, called the LFS I don't really like very much anyway and they do not have any fox face whatsoever at this point regardless of their online listing.

I will check with the one I do like with the weird hours, and if they have one still maybe I will stop by on Thursday.

My tank is very well fed all of the time.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime, throw your power head recommendations at me.

My one on the right randomly clicks, and is the master, and the controller randomly dies on it so I have to completely power it off instead of putting it in feed mode.

My one on the left which is the slave, suddenly can't maintain power connection today. So I had to completely turn it off. Trying to power cycle it now to see if that remedies the situation.

BUT I'm tired of dealing with one of the two of these acting up every couple weeks.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted a mag. Haven't seen one in over a year locally or online. Settled on a one spot.
See I'm the opposite. I see mags at all of my stores here. $50-120 depending on color and size.

I had to special order my one spot. Had feelers out with half a dozen shops. Took a month to get one in hand.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome in!
Okay I’m on the page where you’re having a stout and said you work at Petsmart. Girl! You might be my sister from another mister LOL love me a good stout! and I worked at Petsmart for 5 years that’s what got me into all of this. Back to reading....

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish store I was going to go to is closed today, I forgot they're closed Sun-Tues. They just posted yesterday that they had a mag. The fish store I don't like quite as much also claims to have mags and lo's but ugh I hate dealing with them especially on weekends. They're SO busy and it's hit or miss if you get someone decent to work with. I miss the place I used to go all the time :(
Lucky...

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I'm the opposite. I see mags at all of my stores here. $50-120 depending on color and size.

I had to special order my one spot. Had feelers out with half a dozen shops. Took a month to get one in hand.
Ship me one ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime, throw your power head recommendations at me.

My one on the right randomly clicks, and is the master, and the controller randomly dies on it so I have to completely power it off instead of putting it in feed mode.

My one on the left which is the slave, suddenly can't maintain power connection today. So I had to completely turn it off. Trying to power cycle it now to see if that remedies the situation.

BUT I'm tired of dealing with one of the two of these acting up every couple weeks.

Have a look at Octo pulse pumps, pulse 2 here, mine needs cleaning every couple of months, love the random mode which is what I run in the twins display, no idea if you can sink them, thinking of getting a second to replace the Tunze that is in there.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look at Octo pulse pumps, pulse 2 here, mine needs cleaning every couple of months, love the random mode which is what I run in the twins display, no idea if you can sink them, thinking of getting a second to replace the Tunze that is in there.
Looking into these now.

Just looked at the vortech site, was thinking I'd need 2 mp40 but via their own calculator with my tank info, 1 would be enough. The wire outside of the tank is definitely appealing - the price not so much.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm over here being productive, multitasking. Got the cocoworm moved to a different area of the tank, I'm refilling the ATO at the same time. Scoot my torch over a little bit And apparently scared the tar out of my canary wrasse... That little brat managed to jump up and out of the tank and into the ATO. Took me less than 2 minutes to catch him and get him back into the salt water, he has since buried himself. Hopefully he makes it... Then again, it's one drama after another with him.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was already looking crabby from the left power head being turned off. So instead of continuing to research and ordering online, I went to the LFS I *do* like a lot (unfortunately not a good source for fish though) - they sell neros and vortechs....

So:
PXL_20210905_214211499.jpg

It's been in and running since the canary freaked out, corals are already perking back up over there.

Starting it lower as it's more powerful than what I had/have in here. Supposedly it can handle my entire tank on its own, we'll see. For now it's on the left where they were crabby and the one on the right is still running (albeit clicking). As I turn it up I may turn the other one off and see what happens. Otherwise I will probably upgrade the other one in the next couple weeks with my quarterly bonus.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just surveyed my tank supply ordering for the month:

Coming in Thursday for this tank:
pods, zooxanthellae, integr8 coral food
2 smaller conchs, 6 cerith, 2 bumblebee snails (found a vermetid nest in the sump)
moseleya
alveopora

For the lifegard pico:
1 virgin nerite (will be pulling the larger snails back out and putting them back in the cade)
godzilla yuma
rainbow yuma

For the MCT:
jumanji porites
jasmine dragon pocillopora frag (maybe? maybe this will go elsewhere)
oompa loompa zoa

I'll also be moving some other zoas from the cade to the mct, as well as one of the blastos and one of the tiny acan babies I have, and likely some clove polyps.

Doubt I'll have any more fun updates until all that starts flowing in. Aside from whether or not I see the canary again....

Back