I just have the one monti and it was my first sps. It did literally nothing for 4 months and then went 80% white over the course of a week! I was pretty sure it was a goner. As a last ditch effort I moved it to high light and flow and in a week got its colours back and took off. It’s probably grown 2 inches in the last month, both up and out.It's been slow going since I added them. Super slow. Slower than literally everything else. But there's been progress, every time the urchin pulled up the purple and I went to replace it I could see encrusting on the bottom side (I finally glued it in). They just all insisted on taking the long route I guess. My very old one I had in the 20 (and lost ) took a really long time to start to scroll, it had to be encrusted a certain amount first, once it satisfied that need it took off in growth, I'm hoping these 3 follow that pattern. The other two I put pictures up of one is just an encruster, I have no idea what the other one does - it was a freebie.
when they’re happy they’re happy I guess!