Cade Chaos Grimoire

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't work. The yelling just changes to getting yelled at for not using the towel, and getting the floors wet.
You, my friend, are a truly experienced reefer!
I just got yelled at for putting the mop near the dryer in the laundry room. Here I was thinking I actually did something right. The worst part is she's right.... I hate that!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wanted to update that my new dosing bottle setup seems to be working very well, its been a week, I refreshed the stock of my minor dailies and with a week of use from the new bottles I'm seeing a few things more opened up again. Aside from everything being difficult to access, I had suspicions the old things weren't properly drawing and dosing from the bottles I used for the 4 dailies. (Ca, ALK, and phyto containers were doing fine.) My cocoworm is coming back out again, my blastos are fluffier again, etc.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would need a vague idea of budget, I use Nikon.
Good point. Looking for hobby grade not professional but something good quality that can ideally outpace a camera phone (despite how good some of them have gotten). Not going to be an instant purchase so I have time to save.

I have virtually no knowledge of quality of cameras, ease of use, etc. So a starting point to even begin researching would be helpful

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. Looking for hobby grade not professional but something good quality that can ideally outpace a camera phone (despite how good some of them have gotten). Not going to be an instant purchase so I have time to save.

I have virtually no knowledge of quality of cameras, ease of use, etc. So a starting point to even begin researching would be helpful

Googled to get States prices, this would buy you the camera I have with an everyday useable lens, get a decent camera body as good lens' will cost you the same or more! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x684).jpg

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you are doing your research, also do some studying on shutter speed and aperture settings. Which is basic knowledge of photography. Also having post processing software is very useful. With it you can make adjustments to the picture. White balance (adjusting for the blue of the tank lights) Adjust for under or over exposed picture. Crop pictures to take out something on the edges or to highlight the subject more. And much more. I have Nikon and use Lightroom post process software.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your advice/future advice :) My hold up on big purchases is just getting everything finalized with the property purchase. Don't want them questioning a random high dollar purchase when they're running all the checks. After that's set in stone, rowing machine and camera are both coming home. Just have to find the right property....

In tank updates: cbb is still hanging in the front corner mostly, it followed the MB to the cave system in the back and goes back there sometimes. It's not hiding in the upper back corners though so I'm counting that as success. Still nervous about it though. Going to try some easy masstick today.

Ordered an eheim heater because my tank is suddenly getting cold. First winter with the cade and I guess the equipment isn't enough to heat it in our very short winter here.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy masstick success.

Most of it on the glass on the other side of the tank, a tiny bit near the cbb hang out. Only intruder was the filefish who the cbb does not find scary or offensive. Definitely witnessed him picking at it though.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he show internet with mysis. If so you can add mysis to mastick. live black worms worked for me then it started eating mysis
Eating Artemis & mastick but seems weaker/thinner tonight. I'll grab black worms from the LFS tomorrow

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back