Cade Chaos Grimoire

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual impact point is throbbing and pulsing now. All the tissue around there still super swollen.

Can't tell if there's visible bruising or anything because there's a huge tattoo there wearing a black top hat where the impact was :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I want to react with a laughing hug, but cant, so you will just to visualize it.

I hope you get to feeling better.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to react with a laughing hug, but cant, so you will just to visualize it.

I hope you get to feeling better.
I 100% can visualize that lol. Thanks. About to refill coffee & get an ice pack.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did we file an accident report at work, or is that not a thing where you work?

when I took a dive in a pool of oil at a build facility, I had to do alcohol/drug test too make sure it wasn't my fault. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

then off to the hospital for x-rays/evaluation.

who knows if regularly scheduled pain is from the fall or from just being old and used up.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did we file an accident report at work, or is that not a thing where you work?

when I took a dive in a pool of oil at a build facility, I had to do alcohol/drug test too make sure it wasn't my fault. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

then off to the hospital for x-rays/evaluation.

who knows if regularly scheduled pain is from the fall or from just being old and used up.
Nah I don't want the hit on the scorecard. If it happened to one of my employees I'd file it, but it's just me so meh

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realized I was super sore lower on my back than where I knew the impact to be.

Big gouge lower down with some serious bruising around it. Must have either hit both and I didn't notice it at the time, or ricocheted and scraped the other area. :rolleyes:

Just barely missed out on a free mole removal.

Good news though, 3 days off + 500mg naproxen + ice packs should heal me up. I don't think it's anything some rest can't take care of. I can move everything around without stabbing pains, just lots of muscle & soft tissue pain with random throbbing/pulsing pains.

Time to check those alk & calcium #s...

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realized I was super sore lower on my back than where I knew the impact to be.

Big gouge lower down with some serious bruising around it. Must have either hit both and I didn't notice it at the time, or ricocheted and scraped the other area. :rolleyes:

Just barely missed out on a free mole removal.

Good news though, 3 days off + 500mg naproxen + ice packs should heal me up. I don't think it's anything some rest can't take care of. I can move everything around without stabbing pains, just lots of muscle & soft tissue pain with random throbbing/pulsing pains.

Time to check those alk & calcium #s...
there goes beard face's birthday plans.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there goes beard face's birthday plans.
His only request for his birthday was that we go to the local hole in the wall restaurant that has fantastic schnitzel. I just went to the store to get the stuff to make him key lime shortcake as well. He mentioned that that was a dessert he might be interested in so let's see what happens.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His only request for his birthday was that we go to the local hole in the wall restaurant that has fantastic schnitzel. I just went to the store to get the stuff to make him key lime shortcake as well. He mentioned that that was a dessert he might be interested in so let's see what happens.
My brother-in-law's family is from Austria and they make some incredible schnitzel!!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium 450
Alk 11.5

I need someone smarter than me to tell me why alk isn't going down when it hasn't been dosed in 3 weeks. The only drop was the one water change I did 2 weeks ago.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
stunner is gone...;)
450 / 11.5 are #'s you can live with

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium 450
Alk 11.5

I need someone smarter than me to tell me why alk isn't going down when it hasn't been dosed in 3 weeks. The only drop was the one water change I did 2 weeks ago.
Staying Steady for 3 weeks with no drop is pretty darn weird even with removing the stunner..

I'd think even with No other sps in there, the snails and Coraline would still be depleting it.

I am not the smart one you seek, but interested in the answer..

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I feel like it's weird that there is no drop at all. I've dosed calcium once in the 3 weeks (barely). But not touched alkalinity at all.

Salinity 1.026

Haven't tested mag yet, pretty sure my kit is expired thus unreliable but about to try anyway.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
leave it alone ,bump cal to 480 ,should rekick consumption
but nothing like before

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leave it alone ,bump cal to 480 ,should rekick consumption
but nothing like before
Not only is it expired, it's crunchy :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: not testing mag. I won't dose it if I can't tell where it is so that'll wait for the next icp test. I usually only have to adjust mag every 6 months anyway. It doesn't even go on a doser for this tank.

I'll try bumping calcium a little and see if there's a change in the next week with that

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think even with No other sps in there, the snails and Coraline would still be depleting it.
There are a couple tiny acros, two decent size purple milka stylos, a few monti...

Nothing super significant though. Definitely snails & coralline.

Only thing I can think is maybe it was way higher than it tested before and the test just couldn't report that high. Yikes

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the n03 and p04 at? Any left over coral skeleton left?
I don't test those, I never have. I see what it is when I get my ICPs back and it's generally pretty consistent & stable. I feed heavy to keep it from dropping out entirely since I run a roller & ATS.

Little bits of skeleton here and there (not from the stunner, but things the urchin has dislodged and fish have taken to the back, etc) but pH isn't low enough to be converting that imo.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back