OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the twins were filled it took about three minutes, hose in bowl and near surface and 125 G was in, minor snow globe! ;)
It was taking me so long last night, I don't know if it just had to do with the height? Coming from the ground that high up?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid hard work like covid, fair play to you.
When the twins were installed my mate went "yes" (he did the plumbing), stepped back and hit one of the holding vats with his heel, it split, frantic rush to get everything in the cube end as it was due for filling the following day! ;)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid hard work like covid, fair play to you.
When the twins were installed my mate went "yes" (he did the plumbing), stepped back and hit one of the holding vats with his heel, it split, frantic rush to get everything in the cube end as it was due for filling the following day! ;)
Oh my goodness! That sounds extremely stressful.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.

There's a big rock in the center (the one with the stunner) I plan on moving, as well as the small one in the front right. I just don't know where yet.

Changed it up a little from previously but not a ton.

All my big lps are still in the sump, as well as my crown, most of the gorgs, & a few other random things.
PXL_20210415_161643913.jpg

Waiting for the husband to get back from some errands to drain, scoot, and refill :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.

There's a big rock in the center (the one with the stunner) I plan on moving, as well as the small one in the front right. I just don't know where yet.

Changed it up a little from previously but not a ton.

All my big lps are still in the sump, as well as my crown, most of the gorgs, & a few other random things.
PXL_20210415_161643913.jpg

Waiting for the husband to get back from some errands to drain, scoot, and refill :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks great. :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drained half the tank with a much more powerful pump, moved the tank forward one inch, refilled the tank, refilling sump now.

ann b davis alice nelson GIF by HULU

I just retrieved a 12 inch plus piece of plate rock from the little end of the twins. going to re-scape the display! :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have a lot sulking :(

Got a klir 1/2 off open box and got that installed (so far I'm a big fan).

ATS up.

Fish are finally behaving like normal (begging for food).

New corals & clam are all happy.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out the salt they hit me with was 1019. there was a massive row and I didn't visit my lfs for about six months! :rolleyes:

@fishguy242 my bad 1019 salinity instead of 1026 I don't use that scale, my bad, they didn't charge me for the water because they filtered up. ;)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine betta, lantern bass, and engineer goby are all trying to use the same new cave that I made yesterday.

Still a little hazy, if it's still hazy tomorrow I'll be concerned. I feel like the tank was clear until we had to drain half the water and move it forward then refill.

Still not happy with where the stunner rock is, and it won't stand firm on anything because it's top/back heavy - considering pulling the corals and seeing if I can turn the entire rock to place it somewhere then putting them back on.

PXL_20210416_115610470.jpg

Got white light mounts because that's all they had available at the time & they were on clearance. Crossing my fingers when they rerelease them they're strong enough to hold the lumen bars with them.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy in my fridge. Nothing says celebratory drink like an 11.5% black ale from my favorite brewery.

PXL_20210417_002843111.jpg

Tank seems happy, all fish are out and about, all zoas, leathers, etc are open again.

Need to trim back the right side of my stick, and I have 1 blasto that's still real bad looking - I think it's going to be a regrowth situation, I don't think that most of the heads made it, but everyone else I was worried about is bouncing back already.

I do need to order a clean up crew restock, and I'm trying to decide if I should go through reef cleaners again, or if I should go through someone else.

Also, I only added about 20 gallons of display, but... man this feels empty

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back