OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New phone photo without an orange filter.

Old phone photo without an orange filter picks up no colors but pure blue. So this is nice.

PXL_20220802_000521369.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was definitely exciting to come home to :rolleyes: :angry-face:
PXL_20220802_221332802.jpg

Another euphyllia stressed to death by the clowns? IDK. It looked normal last night, was closed this morning but nothing majorly concerning - plus I went to work before lights were fully up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know you Mag, if it is low it can stall out consumption of the other two, ime strong coraline growth can pull Mag down and when I asked the marine biologist at my lfs and showed him my Mag low results he said yep, bump the Mag up and your other two should start being consumed again.
It won't let me tag anyone today apparently... 1380

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walking Skeletor with earbuds in. People even more chatty than usual. They talk to me, I point to my earbuds and wave to be polite. They STOP AND TRY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION?!

I'm pretty sure the neighborhood is plotting together.

Anyway.

Alk a little lower due to wc, dropped it like .5 but staying stable since then.

Mag fine, tested 2x yesterday.

Calcium dropped a tiny bit with the wc but still at a good level.

5 head torch bjd while I was at work yesterday. I'm blaming the clowns but probably actually my fault. (they've killed other torches,zoa colonies, and my ruby xenia by "overloving")

Sending off an icp test to see if something weirder is going on.

Getting very frustrated. At least all the fish look happy & healthy :rolleyes: and both the small tanks are doing well.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walking Skeletor with earbuds in. People even more chatty than usual. They talk to me, I point to my earbuds and wave to be polite. They STOP AND TRY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION?!

I'm pretty sure the neighborhood is plotting together.

Anyway.

Alk a little lower due to wc, dropped it like .5 but staying stable since then.

Mag fine, tested 2x yesterday.

Calcium dropped a tiny bit with the wc but still at a good level.

5 head torch bjd while I was at work yesterday. I'm blaming the clowns but probably actually my fault. (they've killed other torches,zoa colonies, and my ruby xenia by "overloving")

Sending off an icp test to see if something weirder is going on.

Getting very frustrated. At least all the fish look happy & healthy :rolleyes: and both the small tanks are doing well.
UGH sorry about the torch! And other previous causalities. My female “LOVES” on everything in the tank but so far hasn’t created any issues. I only have leathers in there for the moment though. If my clown killed a torch and various other corals, I would think heavily about an eviction notice. I can’t remember if you have a nem in there? Maybe they would just stick to that if you added one? Just a thought. Of course my animals tend to do the opposite of what I want them to do.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH sorry about the torch! And other previous causalities. My female “LOVES” on everything in the tank but so far hasn’t created any issues. I only have leathers in there for the moment though. If my clown killed a torch and various other corals, I would think heavily about an eviction notice. I can’t remember if you have a nem in there? Maybe they would just stick to that if you added one? Just a thought. Of course my animals tend to do the opposite of what I want them to do.
They had a bta when I started off and they did great. When I upgraded to the 90 they "lost" it and started in on my armor of god colony, effectively destroying it over time. I've tried nems a couple times since then & always cannon them back out and trade away because the clowns are so obsessed with whatever coral at the time that they *never* leave it except to eat and dart back to it. They don't explore at all. I don't know if they'll be making the downsize to the new tank.

Unrelated:
Refreshing carbon today to be safe.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most recent nem attempt was like 4 months ago. It's still in here, I can't get it out, I see it peek out occasionally. I need to nem cannon it but it's in a really bizarre crevice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back