Cade Chaos Grimoire

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most recent nem attempt was like 4 months ago. It's still in here, I can't get it out, I see it peek out occasionally. I need to nem cannon it but it's in a really bizarre crevice.
Pic of location. I bet I can come up with something lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220803_130936303~2.jpg

It's like, under that flap of sponge in a crevice that almost faces the rock above it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo in post above.

Worse case when I break down the rock for the transfer in the next few months I should be able to get it out.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220803_130936303~2.jpg

It's like, under that flap of sponge in a crevice that almost faces the rock above it.
OK. Well a sponge will not kill the sponge. So that is good.

If it was me, I would get a few 90s and a few 45s of whatever size pipe the nem can fit through. using those and small sections of pvc pipe, build a cannon that moves around the rock work and corals, then place there and hope it comes out it or it moves to an easier location.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Well a sponge will not kill the sponge. So that is good.

If it was me, I would get a few 90s and a few 45s of whatever size pipe the nem can fit through. using those and small sections of pvc pipe, build a cannon that moves around the rock work and corals, then place there and hope it comes out it or it moves to an easier location.
It's tiny, I'm not sure why it's staying there, it gets minimal light - if any. That's also a big rock overhang above it. I honestly think it has finally killed itself and then randomly see a couple mystery bubbles poke up from there again and realize it's still somehow alive.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or blast it with a powerhead until it moves to an easier spot to get to. I have no idea if that is good advice.. so anyone else jump in if that’s an awful idea. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I have used a many of small powerheads held down with rocks or rubberbands to blast nems to get them to move lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals my clowns have killed: finger leather, green torch, armor of god zoas, 1 specific alveopora, red xenia, and now possibly this purple torch.

Did some history searching.

Yeah, they might not be coming with.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals my clowns have killed: finger leather, green torch, armor of god zoas, 1 specific alveopora, red xenia, and now possibly this purple torch.

Did some history searching.

Yeah, they might not be coming with.
What jerks!!

I honestly wonder how many corals my bubble has nuked. I fear that if I tallied it up,I would not like the bubble any more..

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most recent nem attempt was like 4 months ago. It's still in here, I can't get it out, I see it peek out occasionally. I need to nem cannon it but it's in a really bizarre crevice.
You can try putting the anemone in a small tank with the clowns by themselves until the nem host them. I did it once with success. Also I've read that the nem needs to be 4-5 times larger than the clownfish. If not the nem will die from the clowns. Which is probably why your corals die from the clowns rubbing on them.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try putting the anemone in a small tank with the clowns by themselves until the nem host them. I did it once with success. Also I've read that the nem needs to be 4-5 times larger than the clownfish. If not the nem will die from the clowns. Which is probably why your corals die from the clowns rubbing on them.
The ruby xenia was easily 5x larger than them. I realized it had huge indentations all over it when it started showing stress. The female is just the biggest pita. The finger leather was also significantly larger than them, and she tore pieces of it off. And would carry them around. She loves with her mouth

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting them in a small tank with one would probably work, you're right. But meh

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ruby xenia was easily 5x larger than them. I realized it had huge indentations all over it when it started showing stress. The female is just the biggest pita. The finger leather was also significantly larger than them, and she tore pieces of it off. And would carry them around. She loves with her mouth
Corals don't do will with all the love Clownfish has to give. I learned this with a 7 inch goni. Goni had dead spots from the clowns. Like 20 percent. I couldn't get rid of my clowns. I have them since Katrina. I now have them in a 90 gal with 2 carpet nems. They are in hog heaven. There is always a clutch of eggs under one of the nems.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals don't do will with all the love Clownfish has to give. I learned this with a 7 inch goni. Goni had dead spots from the clowns. Like 20 percent. I couldn't get rid of my clowns. I have them since Katrina. I now have them in a 90 gal with 2 carpet nems. They are in hog heaven. There is always a clutch of eggs under one of the nems.
Always eggs somewhere in here, I hear ya. I know a lot of you guys have nem tanks for them and they do fantastic together, I haven't committed to that idea yet.

The cube will take on all my softies, not sure what I'm going to do with this one after the move. Was originally thinking LPS but hey, maybe I'll end up going the nem route. No solid plans.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to have to do some research on softies and gorgs for pony tank,
some can cause burns on tail when hitching.
yes i'm aware, you've mentioned it a few times now - none of the varieties i have, have any indications of that from everywhere i've looked

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back