Cade Chaos Grimoire

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always eggs somewhere in here, I hear ya. I know a lot of you guys have nem tanks for them and they do fantastic together, I haven't committed to that idea yet.

The cube will take on all my softies, not sure what I'm going to do with this one after the move. Was originally thinking LPS but hey, maybe I'll end up going the nem route. No solid plans.
I will be the first to enable this idea.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to have to do some research on softies and gorgs for pony tank,
some can cause burns on tail when hitching.
I don't know if you've caught on (probably not, given that comment again) but I've been researching all of this in general for months now. I'm not just blindly leaping into it like some users.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i'm aware, you've mentioned it a few times now - none of the varieties i have, have any indications of that from everywhere i've looked
Hey you can collect some gorgs around where you live with a permit. I found some nice ones I can send you locations

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you can collect some gorgs around where you live with a permit. I found some nice ones I can send you locations
yeah, feel free to send them over - i have a few locations tabbed up already but an abundance of either working or being too tired from working to actually visit any of them

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked tds in rodi today, says 0. Tested against tap in case the thing is broken, read 232 in tap.

Not dosing alk. cut dose in half when stunner started to decline, took it offline completely when stunner removed and it tested at 12. A few water changes have brought it down over time to 10.8-11.4 depending on time of day.

Not dosing calcium. Cut that dose in half with alk, and then took offline a few days after I pulled alk offline completely. Did one supplemental dose after vacation to bump it from 425 back to 450, and then another to bump it up to 480 to see if it would kickstart anything. No dice.

Not dosing magnesium, have always just done it as corrections - do not have a lot of consumption there to begin with. Tested yesterday, 1380.

Seneye and hanna ph match at 7.9 - 8.2 range throughout day (where we've been for quite awhile).

Not doing any supplemental chemicals with the exception of easybooster phyto in the last.... over a month now?

Sent out an ati-icp to test both tank and rodi to see if something weird is happening deeper in the chemisty that I can't pin down conventionally.

Things in tank causing concern over last month or so?:

• Engineer buries 1 acantho, killing it overnight. I remove in morning.
  • Monti's and stylo near stunner get stung very very badly.
  • Stunner decline, found a lot of very smelly dead snails in the recesses of its curls. We figured bacterial infection from nasty snail deaths. At that point, everyone else good except the recent war wounds. Both stylo start recovering as stunner starts to decline. Monti trio still looks like garbage.
  • Stunner fully removed. Cynarina previously under its shadow start to look rough from increased par and flow changes. Made some adjustments to lower lighting a small amount and see if it helps. So far, no.
  • Urchin(?) breaks only big acro, engineer buries it same day. I find it next day and trim off everything white/dead and remount tiny survivor. Fully dead by next day. Still no improvement in monti trio, btw.
  • 1 of the 2 remaining acanthos is starting to look bleached/clear in some places.
  • Tank is looking extra cloudy, engineer has been extra active for the last few months, chalked it up to that. Replaced carbon today, realized I sat on it a little longer than usual with everything else going on.
Both of my small tanks, 4 gallons and 0.32 gallons are doing beautifully. This tank is consuming zero things and causing me quite the headache. I'm completely at a loss.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be worth it to plug in the UV sterilizer over here for a few days and see if it makes any impact whatsoever on whatever is going on? Maybe something still lingering from the stunner bacterial death, idk.... I picked up 2 mj1200 with the intent of using one to set it up in the cube but haven't yet.... (the second to replace my dead sump cleaning pump)... idk that it would be effective for this size tank regardless, I purchased it based on ratings for the smaller one.

@Eagle_Steve @fishguy242 @sp1187 @Lost in the Sauce

? anyone

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be worth it to plug in the UV sterilizer over here for a few days and see if it makes any impact whatsoever on whatever is going on? Maybe something still lingering from the stunner bacterial death, idk.... I picked up 2 mj1200 with the intent of using one to set it up in the cube but haven't yet.... (the second to replace my dead sump cleaning pump)... idk that it would be effective for this size tank regardless, I purchased it based on ratings for the smaller one.

? anyone
I see no issues hooking up a uv to the system. Worst that can happen is it doesn't clear up the problem. Shouldn't have any negative effects on anything.

I'm sorry your big tank is having such a rough year.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sure where it could hurt.
my take care of something bacterial ,
not going to change consumption in any way

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure where it could hurt.
my take care of something bacterial ,
not going to change consumption in any way
I'm wondering if there might be something bacterial lingering that's affecting all the corals even minimally and reducing their ability/need/want to grow/consume? The only things that look like they've continued to grow are the reversewhateverthehell monti and the button scolys...

Might be grasping at straws though

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
easy enough to try...;)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

? anyone
I sold mine unused to lost.
did a lot of research before I bought it though.
flow/wattage match to get the optimum results.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold mine unused to lost.
did a lot of research before I bought it though.
flow/wattage match to get the optimum results.
Yeah, I know this one isn't rated for this size tank, it's perfect for the cube. I guess it's not much wasted effort to try it over here for a few days though. It's not like it'll hurt anything.

(Cue something new and insane happening with my tank immediately following the addition :rolleyes: )

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know this one isn't rated for this size tank, it's perfect for the cube. I guess it's not much wasted effort to try it over here for a few days though. It's not like it'll hurt anything.

(Cue something new and insane happening with my tank immediately following the addition :rolleyes: )
just saying flow rate through the unit is very important.
different flow rates to accomplish different things.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just saying flow rate through the unit is very important.
different flow rates to accomplish different things.
markup_65.png

Problem is IDK what (if anything) I'm trying to eradicate

Back