danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feed krill often?
Nah - it was in a mix of freeze dried but that's been out for awhile - probably what elevated it to begin with now that I think about it

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got off the plane yesterday with a nasty cough out of nowhere. Father in law texted us this morning he woke up feeling gross and tested positive. I tested negative. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping my cough was my sinus infection bouncing back initially. Went to get a PCR/flu screen today & took tomorrow off work while I wait for results since I'm currently trying to expel my lungs via my throat. :rolleyes:

Plus, the drain pump failed on our washer halfway through a load and we've been waiting for Amazon to "deliver same day" since 10am - spoiler alert - it's 959pm

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, but appreciate it. I don't qualify for the treatment apparently, according to the teladoc I spoke with this morning. Rasped to, would be more accurate. Both tonsils are incredibly swollen and I barely have a voice.

PCR results finally came back, good news is I don't have the flu along with it. At least there's that.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, but appreciate it. I don't qualify for the treatment apparently, according to the teladoc I spoke with this morning. Rasped to, would be more accurate. Both tonsils are incredibly swollen and I barely have a voice.

PCR results finally came back, good news is I don't have the flu along with it. At least there's that.
Hoping tomorrow is a better day!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't tested the 3 in this tank since I got home but I've made some observations.

1. It looks clearer than it has in awhile? Engineer calm down or something else change? I did add in a bunch of fresh carbon shortly before heading out of town.

2. The crazy encrusting monti has spread even further. Both acans or whatever we're calling them these days as well as both button scolys are HUGE and fluffy. Fox coral is big and fluffy. Cutting of the blue solomon leather I took appears to have doubled in size....

3. All of the fish still look fat and happy, so at least whatever is/was affecting the corals isn't phasing them.

I believe I would still like to set up the uv over here for a week or so just to see, but this is the best some of the corals have looked in awhile. I'm hoping since I'm seeing a lot of fluff and some growth that maybe we finally have some consumption?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't tested the 3 in this tank since I got home but I've made some observations.

1. It looks clearer than it has in awhile? Engineer calm down or something else change? I did add in a bunch of fresh carbon shortly before heading out of town.

2. The crazy encrusting monti has spread even further. Both acans or whatever we're calling them these days as well as both button scolys are HUGE and fluffy. Fox coral is big and fluffy. Cutting of the blue solomon leather I took appears to have doubled in size....

3. All of the fish still look fat and happy, so at least whatever is/was affecting the corals isn't phasing them.

I believe I would still like to set up the uv over here for a week or so just to see, but this is the best some of the corals have looked in awhile. I'm hoping since I'm seeing a lot of fluff and some growth that maybe we finally have some consumption?
That's Great that the coral are looking healthy!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a great photo, but the 2nd head I thought I lost in transit from the extra day still has polyps.
PXL_20220816_221920183.jpg

Couple other photos I took yesterday when standing up was doable

PXL_20220816_221939021.jpg
PXL_20220816_221930720.jpg
PXL_20220816_221926832.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea, I'm about to go hit up the chem nerd portion of the site and see if they have absolutely any ideas....

This has definitely continued to grow. It was not down over the edge in the front and it was not that close to the Duncan before I left.
PXL_20220817_135515137.jpg

(Sorry for the poor quality, I'm not sure where my lens is)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day I've felt well enough to do any maintenance on the tank, also took the opportunity to refill the RO water for all of my carnivorous plants which I'm sure they appreciated because they were starting to get dry.

I am starting a fresh round of rebiotic to see if that kick starts the tank again, I don't remember what the situation was when I initially started using it, but I have definitely dropped off over the years and I remember it helping something.

In the meantime, I cleared out my algae scrubber which was full of delicious bright green sea lettuce. Cleaned out the skimmer which is happily bubbling away again, refilled my peroxide for the oxydator, refreshed bactoballs, about to switch out carbon, etc etc.

Then on to the next tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back